23.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE.
KODAIKANAL.

Dariyah woke up, when she felt the Jeep stop. She opened her eyes and let out a small yawn, covering her mouth with her hand while doing so.

"Good morning, Princess." Dariyah looked up to the sound of Charles chuckles. Dariyah smiled at him, "Yeah, yeah."

"We're here, Madam." After hearing the elder man's statement, the group of 4 got down. Their other friends were already waiting for them in the lobby.

Dariyah still felt a bit dizzy. Charles offered his hand when he noticed her struggling to walk straight. Dariyah politely declined his offer and soon after she stumbled into a rock. She would've fallen face first if it weren't for Charles and Rishi holding her.

Charles gave her a stern look and held her hand firmly yet softly. They had the staff grabbing their luggages. The 4 walked into the lobby and found their other friends, waiting.

"Finally! Do you have any idea how long we've been waiting?! It's been 30 minutes—" Lavina was interrupted by the voice which seemed to just irritate her more and more everyday.

"It's actually been only 10 minutes." Carlos chimed in, earning a glare from Lavina to which he responded with a satisfied smirk.

"Yeah. Could we not do this right now? I don't feel so good." Dariyah groaned and slumped onto the seat between Max and Sneha. She laid her head on Sneha who just patted her head lovingly.

"Car sickness?" Sneha mouthed to Charles, Lando and Rishi. They nodded their heads to her question. Sneha sighed, continuing her patting.

"Excuse me? We've got your rooms ready. We could give a tour of the hotel before showing you the rooms?" One of the staff walked up to them.

"No, we'd like to see our rooms—" Charles just wanted Dariyah to get some well needed sleep. But his words were interrupted by the person he was worrying about.

"Sure. I'd like that." Charles turned to look at her with a disapproving look. "Ri, you need to rest—"

"I'm fine. It's just a tour. I was looking forward to it because.." Dariyah gestured the hotel for emphasis, "this did not do justice to the photos they had online."

The staff laughed at her comment, Charles looked at him. He observed the appearance of three staff. He was tall, clean shaved, charming smile and most importantly handsome.

"He's so her type, y'know?" Lavina whispered into Charles eyes with mischief in her eyes. Looking amused by the look of distaste on Charles as he watched Dariyah and the guy.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Charles shrugged, trying hard to conceal his actual feeling but failing.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Leclerc." Lavina chuckled lowly. The distaste in Charles face was becoming more evident when he noticed Dariyah and the staff making light conversations, Max and Sneha joining a bit.

"Really discreet, mate." Carlos patted the back of his team mate and then walked ahead to follow the group of 3.

Charles scoffed in disbelief, he looked behind to see Lando, Lavina and Rishi stealing all the chocolates that were supposed to be for kids from the welcome tray.