Dear diary page 1

June 5 2004

"How should I get started? Or should I just introduce myself." I told myself
My name is Tyla Trejo, i'm 22 years old. I was Born in Tijuana a city in Mexico.
My father is Mexican and my mom is South African. Well at least that's what my father tells me.
What can I say, I grew up poor, our family didn't had a lot until my uncle died and my father became the mafia boss of the Mexican gang MS- 13. After my father was in charge we moved to California. That's where I went to school and unfortunately I didn't went to high school because I wanted to join the gang.
I was 17 years old when I joined the gang and 20 when I left because that's when my music career started.
Why I joined the gang? That's easy.. after my uncle died, a lot of gang members left because they didn't want to trust my father. My uncle was the one that founded the gang in the early 80s. And now that he's dead it took the members hard to accept that.
I saw the way my father had to fight for everything so the gang will not fall apart so I joined. I took care of the drugs business together with my half brother Oscar aka Spooky.
Some of the members left and came back when they heard from all over the place that my dad haves the best drugs in town. And that's how my father started to get them to trust him.
Everything goes the way should be in a gang. Money works, if you aren't loyal you dead. You betray the gang or the boss you dead. That's how it is.
About my mother though..
I never meet my mother, I don't know if she's alive or dead. My father raised me and gave me everything I needed. How I feel about it? I don't feel anything, I don't know what kind of mother will let his child like that.
But my father god bless him, he fought for me, even though we didn't had to much he was working so I can at least live a normal life.
So my mom, can be dead or alive because that doesn't bothers me. I have my father and entire uncles cousins and my half brother.
At the age of 18 I told my father I want to became a singer. And that I don't want him to give any money anymore. I wanted to go out there and to do my own money.
I wanted to be independent so I can do something normal.
So with 19 I went to the studio where my cousin Tupac was recording his music before he sign up with Death Row.
I did 10 tapes with 5 song in Spanish and 5 in English. I send them to one label from New York and they wanted to see me.
After I had the meeting with them, they immediately wanted to work with me so I recorded my first Spanish song "El Makinon".
The song went crazy, I was so happy I couldn't fucking believe that people liked the song. And then I did a second song. Until I came to the decision to make a mini album and to see what Is going to happen.
The album was sold out in USA. So after the album was sold I went to the mtv music awards where I won the best new album and the best new artist. I was all over the moon, I made my father so proud of me and I'm also fucking proud of me.
But that until the shit started.
Death Row won't leave me alone. Or should I say Suge Knight won't leave me alone.
This mother fucker will be at every event or every party I was invited just so he can show himself up and to throw me a fucking contract so I can join Death Row records.
It didn't happened because this is the mother fucker that killed my Cousin 2pac.
Snoop dogg and Dre were the only ones I could trust from all those mother fuckers.
After pac got killed everything started to make sense. But you know.. gangs are gangs. I told my father what I think about it and he also believes me when I say that Suge friend is the one that shot Pac. And now that Snoop left the label and Dre as well. He doesn't have any good rapper that he can make money from. So of course girls like me or rappers like Eazy-e god forgive him will get him a lot of money.
The only thing that makes me angry is that he doesn't understand that I don't want to be part of his label. Over my dead body I'll work together with one of those mother fuckers.
Since I started my music career I haven't had a manger I was recording songs at different labels and I'll pay them for letting me recording there.
But now I'm on tour with my girls Eve, Missy Elliott and Lil Kim.
You see after I won those mtv Awards that brought me kinda far in this industry, I meet the girls that wanted to work with me. And because literally every one knows that I don't have any manager or that I'm not under a label contract, we made our plan to go on tour and with those money to have our own label.
Now you see, this is were everything starts.
Good night, this fucking diary shit makes me tired.