Chapter 10

Logan's POV

"How long did you know about the mate bond?" I ask.

I really didn't think that he will be my mate, but now that I know it, I guess that I should have at least assumed that.

For some reason I was almost sure that my mate will be an Omega, but I never thought that it will be Henry.

I know that it could have been worse, and I'm sure that I will be able to be with Henry, after I will get over my shock.

But I really don't like that there is a big difference in our ages.

He's about fifteen years older than me, and I know that it's not a very big age gap for werewolves.

But I'm a bit annoyed, because if I will mate with Henry, then I will most likely die quicker than I should.

I decide to not think about it for now, and I focused on my mate again.

"Since I was about seventeen." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

I hope that it will give me enough time to think about what I should say now.

Thankfully, the door to my bedroom opens, and Dad comes here, most likely to check why Henry is here.

I'm sure that everyone is already assuming that we're mates, because I would have never invited Henry to my room to talk with him, if that wasn't the case.

And the fact that this happened on my birthday definitely confirmed it.

"You didn't tell me anything about it." Dad says to Henry with an offended expression, but I can see that he's not seriously annoyed.

"I don't want anyone to know before he will know." Henry says, and he points at me when he mentions me.

Dad just rolls his eyes, and he walks out of the room.

"We will talk about it later, and the two of you will have the rest of your lives to talk about your mate bond, but now all of us have to go to the pack house.

Because we were supposed to be there a few minutes ago, and everyone is already waiting on us." Dad tells us, while he walks down the stairs.

I sigh tiredly, and I look at Henry who seems to be a bit disappointed that we won't be able to be alone until the party will end.

I quickly kiss him on the cheek, before I walk out of the room as quickly as I can.

I hope that it assured him that I'm alright with the fact that he's my mate, and hopefully this will make him less annoyed because of the party.

I wait on him near the stairs, and I watch as my family is getting ready to leave the house.

Thankfully, most of my siblings now know how to put the shoes and jackets on.

Because when I was a kid, then going out of the house took a lot longer, since I have five siblings who are barely a few years younger than me.

When Henry comes here, he smiles at me shily, so I reluctantly smile back, before I lead him to the front door.

I'm sure that we will have to talk a lot more, before I will be comfortable around him.

But it will have to wait for a while, because apparently this party is more important than getting to know my mate.

At least everyone will finally leave me an Logan alone, which I'm very grateful for.