Chapter 34

Henry's POV

"What the hell is going on here?" Devonte yells from down the stairs.

Landen and I are currently in his room, and I was trying to teach him some of the things that kids learn at his age, but I guess that we will have to make a short break.

We look at each other for a while, before we silently decide to check if everything's fine downstairs.

I know that Devonte wouldn't shout if he didn't have to, even though Logan and Quincy often almost make him yell.

"What happened?" I ask when I see Devonte, who's glaring at the direction of the window, while he's standing near the doorway of the living room.

He doesn't respond, so I walk inside of the living room, and my eyes widen when I see what's happening there.

The babysitter took the youngest three kids on a walk, and I guess that Miguel decided to take advantage of that.

But he must have forgotten that I'm still in the house, and that anyone from his family can come here.

"Can you at least leave, so we can get dressed?" Miguel asks, and I decide to quickly do as he asked, while Devonte keeps glaring at him and the girl who's with him.

"Can you let them dress?" I ask Devonte, because even I feel uncomfortable when I see that he's looking at them.

Devonte sighs in annoyance, but he decided to leave the living room anyway.

Well, he's still standing right next to the doorway, but he's looking at the stairs, which allows Miguel and the girl to get dressed.

"Don't even dare to get out of this house." Devonte says, when we hear that someone's opening the door which leads to the back yard.

Miguel sighs, before I hear that he's sitting on the couch, and it seem that the girl does the same.

Devonte decides that it's a good moment to walk inside again, so I quickly take Landen hand, and I make him walk upstairs.

Thankfully he didn't see anything, because I really wouldn't want the kid to see things like this when they're still five.

Devonte doesn't shout again, but I'm sure that it's only because Landen is here.

A few minutes later, I can hear that someone's walking up the stairs, and I quickly realise that it's Miguel, because he's crying.

I sent Landen and apologetic look, before I stand up, and I open the door to check if the Miguel is fine.

"What happened to him?" Logan asks me, right before I can knock on the door that leads to Miguel's bedroom.

"He was sleeping with a girl, and your father caught him." I say as quietly as I can, and I hope that Miguel didn't head it.

"I knock in the door, and when I don't get any response, I decide to open it.

"Go away. I'm way too embarrassed to even see you right now." Miguel tells me, and I chuckle slightly, before I close the door again.

I guess that it's not a good moment to talk with him about anything.