Chapter 22

Logan's POV

He has a serious expression on his face, which make me even more confused.

I want to asked him about it, but he starts to speak again, before I can do that.

"His father is a friend of one of the other Alphas, and if that Alpha will find out about what happened to him, then I'm sure that it will end with a war.

Thankfully we have a lot of pack members that know how to fight, but I'm not sure if all of them will actually be on our side in this." Papa says, and I frown even more.

I can see that he wants to say more, but I quickly stop him from speaking.

"Why wouldn't the pack want to be on outside?" I ask him, and he sighs tiredly.

"A lot happened before I was able to get the Alpha position, and most of the people who knew what happened are already dead.

But I'm not sure if they told other people about it." He tells me, and I can see that he won't say anything more, even if I will ask a lot of times.

"I didn't do anything, and I really have no idea what you're talking about.

You just made me more confused than I even was before." I tell him, and he growls at me, most likely because he thinks that I'm lying.

"Stone will be here in a few hours." He tells me before he walks out of room, making sure they he shuts the door as harshly as he can without breaking it.

My ears start to ring, but I force myself to ignore it, and I walk out of my room to tell Henry that he can come back here.

"Henry?" I ask before I knock on my brother's bedroom door.

Henry opens the door, and he gives me a hug as soon as he can, so I'm sure that he got a bit scared by my father.

"Did you do anything?" He asks me, and I shake my head.

"No, I have no idea what he was talking about." I say, and he looks at me for a while, to see if I'm lying or not, before he nods, and he leads me inside of my bedroom.

We cuddle for a while, before I hear a knock on my door.

I can smell that it's Quincy, so I don't say anything, hoping that he will leave.

He knocks once more, before he lets himself into my room.

"What do you want?" I ask him, already tired of him, even though he just came here.

"I know who shoot your mate. It was Julio. I overheard when he was talking with his friend, and he told him that he did it." He tells me, and I quickly sit up.

"Are you serious?" I ask him, and he nods.

"Did you do anything to him?" Henry asks, and my brother shakes his head with a confused expression.

So, I quickly explain to him what I just talked about with our father.