Chapter 28

Logan's POV

I had to stay in the pack hospital for about a day, because Papa told me that I'm not allowed to go back to the house, before he will be sure that I will be fine.

The doctor checked my leg before my parents left, and he said that we should give it some more time to heal.

He looked pretty worried about it, but thankfully, it healed already, so he will finally stop coming here to see if I'm alright.

It's still very early, so I most likely will have to stay here for a few more hours, but I don't really mind it as much as I thought that I will.

I frown when I hear that somethings going on in the corridor, and I decide to check if everyone is alright.

When I walk out of my room, I can see that Julio is here, with his nephew in his arms.

The small boy looks like he's barely breathing, but it doesn't take long before doctor Enzo's takes him, so I'm pretty sure that he will survive.

Julio looks like he will have a panic attack soon, and it only gets worse when the doctor doesn't allow him to walk inside of the room after him.

Julio groans in annoyance, and he quickly takes his phone out, most likely to call the kid's parents.

He quickly realises that the phone is dead, and it makes him angry enough to hit the wall with his fist.

"Do you want to use my phone?" I ask him, and he looks at me with a shocked expression.

I guess that he didn't realise that I was here, or maybe he just didn't know that it was me.

I remember what my brother told me, and I really can't believe that he was jealous enough to shot my mate.

"I have to call my brother." He tells me, and I nod, before I gesture for him to follow me.

"What happened to your nephew?" I ask him curiously.

"He was running around my house and then he just fainted, so I'm really not sure what happened to him." He tells me.

I don't say anything to that, because I'm not sure if I should believe him.

If he told me this a few weeks ago, then I would have believed him right away.

But now I know that he's violent, and I know that there's a possibility that he did something to his nephew on purpose.

Maybe he's just worried that the doctor will find out what happened, and that he will get in trouble.

I give him my phone, and I walk to the other side of the room, before I take a knife, which is laying on the table that is in the corner of the room.

I put it in my pocket, and then I walk back to him.

I wait until he hangs up, and then I take the phone from him, before I take the knife out of my pocket, and I stab him in the stomach.

"I will never tolerate people who hurt other people for fun." I say, and I can see that he knows what I'm talking about.

I take the knife out, and the both of us look at the blood, which is coming out of him very quickly.