Chapter 48

Henry's POV

"Is there a problem?" Logan asks, and the Alpha sighs.

"Well, as I told your father, I really can't take more than twenty kids, because we barely have enough place for that many.

And since there are twenty two, I guess that you will have to take two of them." He says.

Logan and I look at the kids and I quickly find two kids who are a lot smaller than the rest.

They're not small enough to be Omegas, but they definitely didn't have a good life with the rogues because of that.

So, I guess that they deserve to grow up somewhere where they won't be laughs at for being weak.

I walk towards them, and I they look like they will start to run, but they decide to stay where they are.

"Do you want to come with us to out pack?" I ask them, and they decide to nod, although I'm pretty sure that they just give me the answer that I want to hear.

"We will take those boys." I say, and the Alpha seems happy with that, so he nods, before he gestures for the rest for the kids to follow him inside of the pack house.

I waive at them, and they waive back or the say a goodbye.

Before either of us can say anything, Devonte come here, and Darrick is behind him, with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Are we leaving already?" Logan asks him, and Devonte nods.

"Yes. Darrick still didn't heal, but the doctor said that he can leave." Devonte says.

"What about the kid?" I ask, and Darrick decides to answer.

"He died almost right after we left the clearing." He tells me.

"Sorry." I say, and he just nods, although he doesn't seem bothered by it.

"Are they going with us?" Devonte asks me, and he gestures at the kids, so I nod in agreement, and then I help them get inside of one of the cars.

"What's your name?" I ask one of the boys.

"I'm Ashton, and this is Rodney." He tells me.

"I'm Henry." I say with a smile and Ashton smiles back, while Rodney looks like he wishes that he died with the rest of the rogues.

"I will see you when we will get to the pack lands." I say, and then I leave them with the guard, while I go towards Devonte's car.

Everyone's already inside, so I sit next to Logan, and then Devonte drives back to where we left the rest of the guards.

And when everyone is in the cars, we drive back to our pack lands.

I just hope that it won't take a lot of the time, because I can see that Darrick is already getting ready to complain about being in the car.

"How long were you driving to get here?" I ask.

"Two days." Logan tells me, and I groan loudly, which makes him chuckle.

I watch Logan as he touches our son a gently, and I guess that it's what I will be doing for the next two days.

Because I really doubt that I will find something more entertaining than this.