Chapter 44

Logan's POV

I get out of the car, and I wait for everyone else to do the same.

We assume that the rogues who kidnapped Henry and Landen will be here.

That's because one of the packs told us that they smelled my scent near the clearing, where a rogue pack is staying.

Apparently, they tend to check this rogue pack, because they're too close to them.

But they have less than a thousand of people in their pack, and most of them are kids, so they never decided to attack them.

Form what the Alpha said, a few of his warriors go near the pack often, to see if they're gaining numbers.

And one of the warriors who went there a few days ago, also went with him to our pack when he had to attend a meeting with my father.

If I remember correctly that meeting was mainly about those rogues.

They wanted us to help them get rid of them, but our pack was attacked a lot at that time, so Papa didn't agree to do that.

From what that warrior told us, he could smell some of my scent, and I assume that it's because Henry is here.

They don't know that my mate and my brother were kidnapped, so they didn't have any reason to lie or anything.

And I really hope that I will find my mate here.

"Will you stay here?" Papa asks me, and I nod in agreement.

I somehow managed to convince him to let me come with him, although I'm not allowed to fight with the warriors.

I have a few guns with me, and I guess that I will just stay in the car until they will come back.

"Yes. But make sure that Henry will get here safely." I say, and he nods.

"I will do my best." He says, and then he gestures for the warriors to follow him into the woods.

I decide to sit in the car for a while, but it doesn't take long for me to get impatient.

I groan slightly, and I get out of the car again, before I lock it, and I go in the same direction as Papa and the guards.

It doesn't take me long to reach the clearing, where everyone is already fighting.

I decide to kill the group of people who manged to sneak out of the clearing.

I most likely wouldn't do that, but I can smell that one of them has some of my warrior's blood on their clothes.

When I'm done with them, I try to find my mate's scent, and I smile when I actually manage to do this.

The scent comes from the cave which is guarded by seven men.

I can see that all of them are fighting with someone, so I try to walk inside, and I somehow manage to do this.

The first person that I see is Henry who's smiles happily when he sees me, and he gives me a very tight hug.

I look at his stomach, and I quickly notice that he doesn't have a bump anymore.

"Our son is fine." He says, and he points at the corner of the room, where Landen is holding a baby in his hands.

I smile at them, and Landen waives slightly, but he tries to not move his hand too much, to not wake up the kid.