Chapter 19

Logan's POV

Henry is still asleep, and if the doctor is right, then he will sleep for another few days.

He lost a lot of blood, and he almost bleed out, but thankfully, we weren't far from the pack house, and I manged to bring him here in time.

If we were further away, then I would have made sure to tie my shirt around the wound or something.

But I didn't want either of us to get shot again, so I had to run away from there as quickly as I could.

I groan in annoyance, before I kiss Henry on his head, and then I stand up, so I can walk out of the hospital room.

I was here since Henry's surgery ended, which was about eleven hours ago, and I know that I have to leave to get some rest, but I have to do something more important first.

Papa came here to ask me what happened, and he also told me that the guards just found a gun, but no one was near it.

I got very angry about that, and when Papa left then I kind of destroyed half of the chairs that were in the hospital corridor.

The doctor managed to make me stop before I broke all of them, saying that there are people near me, and that those people are sick, so they need to rest.

I know that one of those people is my mate, and even though I wanted him to wake up, I didn't want to make him scared, so I stopped and I went back to my mate's room.

"I just really can't believe that they let them get away." I say, and I shake my head angrily while I walk out of the pack hospital.

I wait for a while, before the guards who I called earlier come here, and I make sure that they will guard the hospital room, before I go out of the pack house.

I walk on the path that leads to my parents house, and I angrily look at the blood that covering it.

Thankfully, someone already cleared it from the floor in the pack house, but I guess that it will take a while for someone to clean the path.

I'm not sure how that will do this, but this path was covered by blood a lot of times after we were attacked, and someone managed to clean it everytime.

I stop walking when I reach the place where Henry was shot, and I look in the direction that the shot came from, before go there.

I smell the air, and I quickly find the place where the gun was found, but I can't find any clues that could lead me to whoever used it.

I groan in annoyance, before I walk out of the woods, and I go to my house.

I just hope that the guards will be able to find this person soon, because I really don't want Henry to feel scared in this pack.

I know that he went through a lot when he was a kid, even though I don't know exactly what happened.

So, I don't want him to ever have to go through anything like this again.