Chapter 30

Henry's POV

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" Devonte says, and I can see that he's trying to stay calm, but he's failing a bit.

He's voice sounds stern, although I guess that he will be able to not shout if no one will make him more angry.

"I did know at first, but they told me a few hours ago, and I decided that it will be better to not tell you." Ezra says.

He's trying to look like he's not scared of his father, but I'm sure that everyone is scared of him when he's angry.

And the way that Ezra is looking at Devonte is telling me that he's at least a bit scared.

"I want the names of your friends." Devonte says, and Ezra shakes his head right away.

"I won't give them to you, because I don't think that they did anything wrong.

That man attacked Logan's mate, who might be the future Luna, so in my opinion he deserved that, same as he deserved to be stabbed.

To be honest, he deserved a lot more than that, but I guess that this will have to be enough for now." Ezra says sternly.

"Well, in my opinion, they should be punished for doing something that they shouldn't have done.

And I'm sure that my opinion is the one that matters, not yours.

So, just tell me the names, before I will get angry, and I will decide to punish you too." Devonte says.

Ezra stays quiet for a long while, before he sighs tiredly, and he tells him the names of his friends.

When he's done, Devonte leaves the living room, and Logan decides to do the same.

I follow him up the stairs, and into his room, before I look at him while he sits on his bed.

"Do you think that he will remember to punish me for stabbing Julio?" Logan asks me, and I shrug.

"I'm not sure if he will do it, even if he will remember that he wanted to do that.

Because he let you get your revenge earlier, and I think that he was just mad that you did something to him twice.

Well, I'm sure that he was mad before too, but not enough to not let it slide." I say.

"I'm just glad that Ezra told him about this, because I really didn't want to get a punishment." Logan says, and then he chuckles.

I just shake my head in amusement, because I'm not even sure why he's chuckling.

I decide to lay next to him, and we watch half of a movie, before we go down the stairs to eat something.

"Is your leg alright?" I ask him, because it seems that he's trying to not put much pressure on it.

"The doctor said that it already healed." He tells me.

Now that he knows that I'm looking at his legs, he starts to walk normally, and I decide to just let it go for now.