Chapter 38

Henry's POV

Landen and I are alone in the house again, and it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to get us to the safe room.

I have no idea what the keys are, so I can't lock the door behind us, which makes this room useless.

I know that the key has to be somewhere in the safe room, and Landen showed me where it usually lays, but it isn't there anymore.

"Let's go to the pack house." I say, and I quickly make him walk out of the room.

I know that it's not a good idea to go out of the house while there's an attack, but I really have no other option.

If I was alone, then I would have most likely stayed here, but I have Landen with me, and I don't want anything to happen to him.

Right after we leave the safe room, I can see that someone is standing in the basement, which makes me stop walking, and I quickly push Landen back into the safe room.

"Who are you?" I ask him, hoping that he's a guard or something, but I already know that he's a rogue.

A long time ago, the rogues couldn't shift to their human forms, but now most of them can do it, if they're smart enough and remember to shift to their human form regularly.

They still can go wild easily, but a lot of them manage to stay in their human form for a long time.

Sometimes they're even able to live in the human city, but the rogues are violent, and they prefer to live as a wolf, so they mostly stay in the woods.

"I'm your Alpha from now of, so just follow me without giving me any trouble, and I will try to be nice." He tells me, and I take a step back.

But I step on something, and it makes me fall to the floor.

I look at the floor, and I quickly realise that the key to the safe room is laying next to me.

I take it as quickly as I can, and I stand up, before I run into the safe room, where Landen is standing with a scared expression.

I manage to close the door, but the rogue opens it without a problem, before I can even put the key in the key hole.

He walks inside of the room, and he closes the door behind him, while I take Landen, and I lead him to the corner of the room.

He's terrified and I'm grateful that it doesn't make him shout for help, because I'm sure that the rogue wouldn't like it.

"What's your name?" The rogue asks me with a friendly smile, so I decide to answer him, because I don't want him to get angry at me.

"Henry." I say.

"And his?" He asks, and he points at the small boy who's now sitting next to my feet.

"Landen." I say, and he nods in acknowledgement.

"Well, I will be taking the both of you with me. I'm one of the nicest people in my pack, but I don't have a lot of patience for Omegas who aren't even trying to be obedient.

So, just do what I'm telling you to do, and I won't hurt you." He says.

"Okay." I say.