Chapter 39

Henry's POV

If I was alone, I would have tried to hurt him, but Landen is here, and I don't want him to get hurt.

I'm also pregnant, so there's a possibility that he will also hurt my kid, which I definitely don't want to happen.

"I want you to stay quiet, and follow me out of the pack lands." He tells me, so I nod in acknowledgment.

He comes closer, and he quickly takes Landen in his arms, which makes the boy shake in fear, but he doesn't say anything.

I follow him out of the basement, and we walk through the woods for a short while, before a few other men greet the rogue who's with us.

"I can see that you got one for yourself, Henrique." One of the rogues says, and I roll my eyes when I realise that the rogue has a similar name to me.

"I think that he's connected to the Alpha's family, so we have to get him out of here soon." Henrique says, so one of the rogues picks me up, which make me groan.

They start to run in the direction of the pack border, and I'm surprised that no one was on our way.

I guess that the attack was on the other side of the pack lands, and that's most likely where the warriors are now.

That's the only explanation that I can come up with, but I guess that the guards could have been killed.

They run for a few hours, before we reach a car.

The car looks a bit different than the cars that I saw before, because it has a big cage in the place where the back seats should be.

Henrique quickly locks Landen and me in the cage, before he gets in the driver sit and the other rogues go to the other cars.

I let Landen hug me, while I try to assure him that we will be alright.

I was hoping that they don't have any cars, because that would mean that Devonte would be able to find us, even if we hide our scents.

But I guess that we're not lucky enough, and now I'm not really sure if I will even be able to see Logan again.

I guess that I should have tried to fight with Henrique when we were in the safe room, but I know that it's too late for it now.

I sit in the car for a few minutes, before I start to feel some pain.

I don't say anything about that for the first half an hour, but then I realise what's happening.

"I think that I'm giving birth." I say, and Henrique chuckles.

"That's good, because we really need another Alpha, and I'm not sure if my son will be able to take the position after me.

Because he's definitely not the strongest boy that I know." He says.

My eyes widen when I realise that he's really the Alpha of the rogue pack, and I'm not sure if I should be happy about it or not.

I guess that it might be good for us, because he seems to want to keep me for himself.

So, I guess that I might be able to convince him to let Landen stay with me too.

I just hope that Devonte or the warriors will be able to find us soon.