Chapter 20

Logan's POV

A few days later, Henry finally woke up, and the doctor allowed me to take him out of the pack hospital pretty quickly, so I decided to bring him to my house.

I know that it will be safer for him to stay here until whoever shot him won't be killed, and I don't really care how my parents feel about it.

Thankfully, I'm the only one of my siblings who doesn't have to share the bedroom with someone else, which is one of the main reasons why Quincy hates me.

I really can't imagine sharing a bedroom with someone, so I'm sure that I would have killed him to get his room if he was the one who got to have one for himself.

When we talk inside of the house, I can hear that the Papa and the guards are having a meeting, but I don't even greet them as I walk past the living room.

I carry Henry up the stairs, because I don't want him to walk on his leg, even though he said that it doesn't hurt anymore.

I'm sure that the only reason that he's not in pain now is the fact that the doctor gave him a lot do pain killers.

I make sure that he's comfortable on my bed, before I go back downstairs to make something to eat for him.

"How much did you hear, before you came here?" Papa asks me, which makes my jump a bit, because I didn't expect him to come here.

Now that I concentrate on my surroundings, I can smell that the guards already left, but I'm pretty sure that it's because I came back.

"What?" I ask him.

"What did you hear before you came inside of the house?" He asks me again, and I frown.

"Nothing. I didn't even know that the guards were here before I come inside." I say, and I can see that he doesn't believe me.

"Do something with that information, and I will make sure that you will regret it." He tells me.

I decide to nod in acknowledgement, although I have no idea what he's talking about.

I watch as he leaves, and then I shake my head, before I continue to make the sandwiches for Henry.

My father was never someone who I entirely understood, so I'm not shocked that I have no idea what he's talking about now.

He thinks that he knows everything, and I know that he doesn't know much more than I do.

At least I think that it's the case, but I guess that I will never know if that's the truth.

When I walk back inside of my room, I can see that Henry is still sleeping, and I wonder if I should wake him up or not.

I decide that he should eat, because I already know that there's a baby inside of him, and I want both of them to be healthy.

So, I shake him a bit, which makes him wake up, then I smile at him apologetically, and I give him the plate full of sandwiches.

He's both annoyed and happy about this, which makes me chuckle.

I sit on the bed next to him, and I watch as he eats everything that I made for him.