Chapter 23

Logan's POV

I look at the man who was basically leaving with us for over a week now, and I can't stop myself from glaring at him.

He is a lot worse than I thought that he will be, and I have no idea how I will convince Papa to make him leave me alone, but I'm sure that I will have to come up with something soon.

Because I really don't think that he will be alive for much longer, if he will keep annoying me.

I'm not sure what Papa though that he will do, but I definitely thought that he will beat me.

Or force me to exercise for as long as I will be able to move, hoping that I won't have any energy to annoy anyone after that.

But now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't make sense, because I already have Steel for that.

Well, he doesn't beat me, but he definitely thinks that if I will be tired then I will behave.

I wonder if he still didn't realise that it's not working, or if he just likes to annoy me, and he knows very well that it won't change my behaviour at all.

There's also a possibility that he wants the money that Papa is giving him, and that he really doesn't know what else he can do with me.

I'm sure that he offered to beat me up a long time ago, but I know that even though Papa doesn't like me, he wouldn't let anything like this happen to me.

"I can see that whatever you're doing is working." Papa says, and I look at him, wanting to know what he's talking about.

He's looking at Stone, so I'm sure that I won't like this conversation at all.

"Yes. I noticed it too." Tata says.

"What changes did you notice?" Stone asks them.

I'm not sure if they realise that I can hear them, but I definitely don't want to hear whatever they're about to say, because I already know that they're talking about my behaviour.

I have no idea what change they noticed, because I'm acting like I usually do.

If I feel like I want to talk, then I annoy everyone who I can see, and if I'm too annoyed, then I just stay silent, and I plan how I will kill them in my head.

"He's quiet, and he didn't try to annoy anyone yet, even though he's still glaring at us." Tata says, and Papa nods.

I look at Henry, and neither of us has to even say anything, because I can see that he thinks that they're stupid, and I'm sure that my expression shows the same.

"Let's go."  I say to Henry, and he nods in agreement.

I help him stand up, which annoys him a lot since he's still able to do it by himself, and he already told me that he didn't wish for me to help him with anything.

He decided to not say anything about this for now, but I'm sure that he will scold me when we will be alone.

Although I already know that it won't happen anytime soon, because I can see that Papa, Tata and Stone are looking at us.