۰29۰ Henna Ceremony/ محفلِ مہندی

The whole house was bustling with a newfound energy and mirth and rush as the people surrounding the house were running here and there and looking for the arrangements

The whole house was bustling with a newfound energy and mirth and rush as the people surrounding the house were running here and there and looking for the arrangements. The decorators were there already present to adorn the entire house in various kinds of flowers and garlands and lights that would illuminate the house at night for the mehndi function. The Rahman house reflected a typical desi shadi household picture as Tanzila was busy guiding the decorators and talking to the maids to clean the entire house once they left. The kitchen smelled of different kinds of sweets that had been brought by many that visited them to congratulate Tanzila for her daughter's marriage.

The past few weeks had passed by in a blur as there wasn't any time to stall when the wedding ceremony was just three weeks away. Every day went by in preparations for the big event. From getting the clothes, to jewelry to many other important stuff, it had been a rollercoaster of a ride for sure. It was equally tiring and exciting.

"Tie it there tightly. It's supposed to be in the pictures."

Tanzila said as the decorators worked on the task at hand. She turned around and stopped Fatima and told her

"Beta, can you see where Sahar is? Ask her if she needs something."

Fatima nodded at her and walked away to find Sahar.

"Yes, Alina the entire house is like a market. Mama has been up since six in the morning."

Sahar said into the phone to her friend. Dressed in a yellow frock, she sat mayoo two days ago. The yellow colour casted a halo around her pale skin as it shined in the setting sun.

"Ahh, it seems so fun. I want to join you right now."

Alina's complain came from the other hand making Sahar laugh

"Don't worry, you'll join me as soon as your shift ends."

She chuckled again when her friend groaned from the other hand

"That is if Dr. Sameer allows me to leave. He has been snappy and all rude ever since you announced your marriage. God knows what's wrong with this man."

The mention of Dr. Sameer quietened Sahar and made her excitement from before dull a fragment. He indeed acted really odd when she told her staff about her marriage. He just congratulated her stiffly and had been very hostile the entire day she worked with him. By the time she came home that day, she wanted to cry out of tiredness.

"Oh no, don't think about that stupid man. I'm sorry that I even mentioned him. Ignore what I said. Just glow and shine, you gorgeous bride."

Alina's words instantly lifted Sahar's mood and she said into the phone

"Just get here already."

"I will. I got to go now. See you in a couple of hours."

She hang up and put her phone on the bed when there came a knock at her door. The door creaked open revealing Fatima.