۰36۰ Queen / ملکہ

It's you
It's me
It's us.........

Sahar hasn't slept a wink last night

Sahar hasn't slept a wink last night. Quite literally. Sleep was a foreign concept for her when her mind was already so juggled up and tangled in the events of last night that shook her to the bone. She was restless the entire night for reasons unknown. She just changed sides and positions for like hours straight and then just gave up and stared at the ceiling of her room. It was plain white with a big fan in the middle. Nothing too much to look at, but she found the notion oddly calming. She knew it was just a plain white ceiling. Plain and simple and nothing like the ugly mess of her life. She didn't know how long she stared at the ceiling, but somewhere between her stare down, she slept and only woke up when the warm sunlight greeted her room.

The bed was empty. Of course, it has to be. Ahad didn't sleep with her last night. Quite honestly, she didn't even remember what happened after their argument. She was like...numb. all senses of surrounding chalked out of her as she only vividly remember getting into bed and then staring at the simple ordinary ceiling. She remembered bits of their argument and every little detail of the shares incident. She remembered it all.

"I freaking love you, damnit!"

The words played in her mind like a broken record and she closed her eyes tightly as if to shut those unwanted memories out. She did remember those words that left his mouth and even though they were in a midst of an heated and serious argument, the confession didn't fail to make a mountainous impact. It hit her like a bullet train. Like she was sucked out of all the oxygen and there was no room to breath. She felt the impact hard and clear. The intensity still rolling off her bones like a winter chill. Like it was a part of her body. She didn't know if he meant that.

Of course he did! Didn't you see his eyes?

Her conscience interrupted.

Oh of course, she noticed those ambers. The most expressive pair of eyes she ever laid her eyes on. They were burning with an emotion she didn't know she too perfectly understood. But it was there. Right in those pair of eyes that didn't leave her mind for a second. They were, knocking at her heart, begging to let in. Maybe she'd allowed that. Her heart had a mind of its own. The knocks were persistent and it was only time before she'd had surrendered.

"He demanded those shares in exchange of you. Why would he want to marry his brothers ex-fiance."

The words crumbled her tower of hopes and she fell face down on the ground of the earth. She closed her eyes again tightly, as if to get rid of the image of that damned black file. She knew the truth of her marriage. It was to benefit the company, but taking reign over the company wasn't the clause and using her as a prize. Her Uncle wasn't so blameless too. He too agreed to sign her off, but she always knew, deep in her heart that her Uncle was a man too greedy for money to check his morals. She was well aware of his ministrations. He wasn't a saint. He was grey. Like the dark gloomy clouds.