how did it end?

I woke up on the cold yet familiar floor of my room. My eyes felt heavy, exhausted as I slowly sat up, still in my leathers from the night before.

I felt the nausea twist in my stomach as I remember the beginning of the day I slept though. Hitting me again that it was over. No situationship. No haunting romance. Gone. Completely. 

My arms buckle as I pull myself onto my feet, gripping onto my verdant sheets, rubbing my hands over my face trying to wake myself up. 

"fuck."

I groan quietly as I stumble slightly. The clock beside me read '4am.' early but not for someone who slept through an entire day. I hadn't even realised the darkness that lurked outside as the bright light of my chamber lit up every small corner.

Thoughts began to flood to me. Had he told anyone yet? Had he twisted the story? The anxiety hit me like a brick, not a new feeling, but a sickening one. 

As I stumble across my bedroom I grab onto my golden door handle, pushing them open with force and storming down the eerie corridors, the only light being from the flickering flames of the lanterns on every looming pillar.

I knock gently on my brothers door.

Not someone I like to go to, but I wasn't waking Odin up to get to my mother, no chance.

"Thor?" I whisper through the small crack of the door.

no reply. 

"Thor please?"

I hear his footsteps patting against the marble floors of his bedchamber, then the creaking of the ancient doors.

He nods his head, hinting to me to come in, a smile tweaks on my face as I brush past his larger form. 

"I heard."

he says groggily, the sleep evidently in his eyes. 

"I didn't want to hear his story before I heard yours."

Thor says gently. 

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. 

"how did it end?"

He mutters cautiously, biting his lip.

"I don't-" 

my brows furrow. it was all a blur.

"You know about Ali right?"

My brother nods. "mother told me."

"it started then. that night."

I watch the confusion etch across his face.

"what-" he spits.

"he thought I cheated on him.. then took it as a chance to show his love to someone else.. someone he's loved all along, really"

I look nervously at my brothers tense visage. 

"you're kidding me?"

I shake my head.

"he never... he never truly loved me. As embarrassing as it is to admit I-"

"embarrassing!?" Thor's voice booms. I shush him warily, not wanting to awaken the entire castle.

"embarrassing for him, yes!"

I watch his eyes wander around the room frantically.

"ill sort him"

"brother-"

"Loki you cant just accept it, look at you, you look horrible."

"thanks" I murmur sarcastically 

"he's messed with you, he's gotten in your head and left you like this and its just- wrong!?"

I nod subtly

"mother didn't want to wake you yesterday, she left a glass of water on your bedside." 

This makes a smile appear back on my face

"I saw"

Thor walks over to me, looking down before bringing me into a tight embrace

"you might be a dick, who's tried to kill me multiple times," Thor chuckles

"but I do love you"

I let myself relax into the hug. 

"you'll find the right person one day... or even something else... a greater purpose"

I wipe the sentimental tears forming in my eyes, covering it up with a snarky joke

"ah yes, ill control the realms" I laugh

"a glorious purpose indeed" Thor replies with a smile as he ruffles my hair.

"lets get your mind of this all hey, some early morning training?"

I nod in reply, retying the lace on my boot.

"you know me too well."