Prologue

*Cover made by me so be kind

*Cover made by me so be kind.*

Aaliyah Cohen, better known as Ali to her friends and Liyah to her fiancée James Blake and Tony Stark, today were talking about Aaliyah's engagement to James Blake, a young British aristocrat, the youngest son of Lord and Lady Ronchegnac (aka Lord Jack Blake and Lady Rosanna Blake of Ronchegnac Abbey.)

Ms. Cohen is descended from aristocracy herself as her father comes from the Cohen family, a Jewish family originally hailing from the United Kingdom, Ms. Cohen's father left his title to his younger brother so that Adam Cohen could come to America in search of his own legacy.

Ms. Cohen is yet to reveal the date of her wedding and it's not fully known when she became engaged or when she met her husband to be but it is known that, but what we do know is that James works at Stark Industries and that Ms. Cohen has had a hand or multiple in designing the weapons that Stark Industries use.

We can't help but talk about Aaliyah's closeness to the heir of the Stark empire, it's known that the two attended MIT together, and were roommates at the time but not much is known afterwards, we also have an inside source who has kindly informed us that Mr. Stark in the one who introduced Ms. Cohen to her fiancé.

Ms. Cohen and Mr. Stark have always been close, that's a given but like us most people speculate that the two were more than friends or even are more that friends, despite Ms. Cohen's engagement.

Aaliyah slammed the magazine on the table in annoyance before standing up and stretching, she was glad Tony didn't read 'Allura' he'd have a heart attack as Aaliyah was yet to tell him that she was engaged, she didn't quite know how to tell her best friend who Aaliyah was hopelessly in love with that she was engaged to one of his best workers.

"JARVIS, when's James getting home." Aaliyah asked the AI her best friend had installed to her childhood home, only thirty minutes from Tony's Malibu mansion (where his childhood house once stood).

"Mr. Blake will be home in two hours." said JARVIS.

"If I'm not back by then, tell him I went out." said Aaliyah.

Aaliyah arrived at Tony's mansion, wondering where he was, when Pepper showed up.

"Ms. Cohen, I was just coming to find you." Pepper said, she was flustered, Pepper was never flustered.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Aaliyah asked.

"Tony's missing, in Afghanistan. He went there to do a weapons demo and his Humvee was attacked, they can't find him." said Pepper.

Aaliyah felt like her world came crashing down underneath her, Aaliyah's legs gave way and Pepper had to catch her but that also meant dropping the papers she was holding but to Pepper a pile of messed up papers was better than having an injured Aaliyah.

Pepper held the young twenty eight year old while she cried, 'should I tell her that means in Tony's will if something bad happens she becomes the CEO indefinitely or even permanently depending on whether Tony comes back?' Pepper thought frantically. 

Aaliyah calmed down as she and Pepper sat in Tony's office.

"You know that you're in charge, right?" Pepper asked.

Aaliyah nodded when the door burst open and James walked in.

"I heard what happened, I'm so sorry." he said.

Pepper frowned at James, it was no secret Pepper nor Tony liked James, and Tony most certainly didn't introduce James and Aaliyah, despite what 'Allura' said.

"Please tell me it's not true. Tell me it's a lie." Aaliyah begged Pepper.

"I wish I could but that would be lying, I can't lie to you, Ali." said Pepper.