Act 4-Part 2

***Malibu, California2012December 3rd

***
Malibu, California
2012
December 3rd

"Least Steve managed to see him before he died." said Aaliyah, she was sitting in Tony's room as the man put his watch on, while Abigail sat watching the telly, Tony smiled softly, "he's coming to the funeral, right?" Tony asked.

"Uh, yeah, we should go get Peggy." Aaliyah said looking at her own watch. "Liyah, he was ninety five, it's amazing that he managed to live that long." said Tony walking over to Aaliyah and hugging her.

Aaliyah smiled slightly, and pulled away, Tony sensing that she needed to be left alone grabbed Abigail's hand and led her out. "I miss granddad." Abigail said to Tony as he smiled sadly and allowed Aaliyah time to get her mind around it all.

She was told she needed to choose photos so she chose the ones that she knew meant the most to her Dad, the photos would be placed around the coffin, she and Tony agreed to look the will over after the funeral as their wasn't going to be a wake.

Tony and Abigail were already in the car and Aaliyah joined them. "Tony, do you mind if I go get Peggy?" she asked, Tony nodded as they pulled up outside Peggy's retirement home, Sharon was visiting her great aunt, she was a SHIELD Agent, tasked with watching over Steve.

"Dalia, hello, how are you?" Peggy asked as she saw Aaliyah and rose from her bed to sit up. "Aunt Peg, I'm not my Mom, she died seventeen years ago, remember?" Aaliyah reminded her godmother, Peggy got a strange look on her face. "Oh yes, Aaliyah, hello my dear, what are you doing here? You already visited this week." Peggy said.

"It's Dad's funeral, remember?" Aaliyah sighed, Peggy had Alzheimer's she was diagnosed with in 2000 after she started forgetting things she'd known her whole life, "it is isn't? I'm sorry." Peggy said.

Aaliyah grabbed her godmother's walking frame, right now she was the only one left of her parents past, Steve didn't count because she didn't grow up with him, Aaliyah led Peggy to the car carefully, she was already wearing the funeral clothes as she had help from some of ladies that work at the home help her. 

"Abby, why don't you take auntie Peg inside?" Aaliyah suggested to her daughter, who had a close friendship with her mother's godmother, Abigail nodded and led Peggy into the church, Aaliyah took a breath as she stood outside the church.

Emma who was talking to Steve and Fury saw her cousin and then Tony and Emma knew that Aaliyah had all the comfort she needed, Tony took Aaliyah's hand in his own as the hearse pulled, inside was her father's coffin, Steve and Fury headed over to Tony and Aaliyah as the four were the pallbearers and Emma had agreed to follow in after the coffin.

Aaliyah let Tony's hand go and took her place at the left front corner of her father's coffin, and Tony took the right front corner of Adam's coffin, Fury and Steve took the back, they walked inside with the priest heading in first, her father had requested a Jewish funeral, Adam wanted to respect his religion and Aaliyah was more than happy to fit the request, it also meant the men would traditionally have to wear a yarmulke but Adam had decided against that given that his friends weren't Jewish.

Aaliyah snapped out of her thoughts when they arrived at the Bimah with her father's coffin and placed it down before sitting down next to her cousin, Abigail was with Peggy, who was sitting with another old friend of Aaliyah's father that she didn't know very well.

Aaliyah had walked to the front and onto the Bimah and then behind a podium to speak, she locked eyes with her cousin and shook her head, Emma realising what she meant stood up and joined her.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this." Aaliyah said softly to her cousin as she made her way onto the podium. "Look at me, Lia, you don't have to, I can do it." Emma said to her cousin.

Aaliyah nodded and walked off the Bimah but didn't return to her seat, she needed to calm down, Aaliyah walked out the church and was hit with the cold December air.

Tony had joined her. "This wasn't supposed to happen." she said, her voice breaking, she took a shuddery breath to try and calm down. 

"We had our fights like every child and parent and he was so looking forward to seeing Abs again on Christmas and then he left, he left me, you, all of us. How could he do that? I am so mad at him, I'm mad at God, at Jesus. This wasn't supposed to happen until after Christmas and New Year had passed."

Tony just hugged Aaliyah tightly and kissed the top of her head. "You'd think we'd be used to it by now." Tony said drawing a chuckle out of Aaliyah, Tony was right, they should be used to it but they weren't and they never would be.

"We should head in." Aaliyah said, Tony pulled away from the hug and managed a half smile funerals were the bane of Aaliyah Cohen and Tony Stark's life, they hoped they wouldn't be organising each other's any time soon.

After the funeral had ended, Fury took Peggy back to the retirement home, Emma and Steve went back to talking before everyone was ushered out the church by Tony and Abigail who was just like her godfather.

"You spend too much time with Tony." Emma said, Abigail smiled at her first cousin once removed, Emma and Abigail liked spending time with each other a lot, given that Emma was pretty much Aaliyah and Tony's first port of call when something went to complete shit.

Some people, Emma, Tony, Abigail and Aaliyah hung back for the burial of Adam's coffin, he was next to Dalia, Howard and Maria now, Emma then returned to work, not of course before saying bye to her cousin, Tony and Abigail.

Abigail then tugged on Tony's sleeve causing the man to look down at the red headed girl. "Dad?" she asked. "Yeah." Tony replied. 

"Who are they?" Abigail asked pointing to the gravestones beside Dalia's. "I know that's granddad's and grandma's. But who are they?" "They, Abs, are my parents, Howard and Maria Stark." said Tony.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we're getting into the actual Iron Man 3, present day part of the movie, set around two weeks after Adam (Aaliyah's father)'s funeral.