Act 5-Part 2

***

***

"You just couldn't stop yourself from lying, could you?" Emma asked Fury as she and Steve stormed into the man's office, Fury stood up and placed his arms on his desk.

"I didn't lie, Agent Romanoff, had a different mission to you." Fury replied.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Emma retorts, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm not obliged to do anything."

"Those hostages could've died, Nick." Steve said.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." Fury replied.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns."

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Fury said.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns."

"It's called compartmentalisation. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all." said Fury.

"Except you." said Emma.

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that." Fury said, as he steps into an elevator with Steve and Emma following behind him "Insight bay."

"Captain Rogers and Agent Diament do not have clearance for Project Insight."

"Director override, Fury, Nicolas J."

"Confirmed."

The lift starts moving down as Steve speaks. "These used to play music, you know?"

"Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips." Fury said. "He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi", people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say "Hi", they'd say, "Keep on steppin'. Granddad got to grippin' that lunch bag a little tighter."

"Did he ever get mugged?" Emma asked.

"Every week a punk would say 'what's in the bag?'"

"What did he do?" Steve asked.

"He'd show 'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and loaded .22 Magnum." Fury smiles remembering the stories his granddad used to tell him as a child. "Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much."

They continue to ride down the life, Emma and Steve notice the giant Helicarriers, Emma gives Fury a look. "Yeah, I know. They're a little bit bigger than a .22." Fury explained as he shows Steve and Emma around around. "This is Project Insight. Three next generation Helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites."