Act 1-Part 2

Aaliyah unlocked the door to the Malibu mansion

"Good evening, Ms. Cohen, trouble in paradise?" JARVIS asked as Aaliyah walked in, she smirked, Tony programed him to say that anytime Aaliyah walked into the mansion, she found Pepper in the living room, the news was playing.

"Stark Industries! I've got one recommendation! Ready? Ready? Sell, sell, sell! Abandon ship! Does the Hindenburg ring any bells? Let me show you the new Stark Industries business plan-" Pepper was watching a news report.

"That's nothing, you should've heard the slander they were dishing to me and Tony after the announcement." said Aaliyah.

"You didn't do anything." said Pepper.

"I'm a woman, there for I'm easier to blame for it. Also they seem to think I seduced Tony into shutting his weapons manufacturing down." said Aaliyah, she shrugged.

Aaliyah was used to people saying she seduced Tony, not that Tony would stand for it, at several interviews he did, he's been asked if Aaliyah had seduced him into making suggestions for the company, which he shot down straight away and made it clear that he wouldn't be doing interviews with those people in future for slandering Aaliyah's name like that, her father, Adam wouldn't stand for it either.

"Pepper how big are your hands?" Tony's voice came over the intercom.

"Excuse me?" Pepper asked.

"Great way to start a conversation, Tones." said Aaliyah sarcastically.

"Ah, Liyah, good, I know your hands are tiny. Come down here. I need your help." said Tony.

"With what?" Aaliyah asked, Tony didn't answer, Aaliyah walked down into the workshop and saw Tony lying on a chair, the arc reactor glowing in his chest, she smiled at him 'not awkward, good' thought Aaliyah.

"Hey, tiny hands, get over here." Tony said.

"What for?" Aaliyah asked.

She gazed at the arc reactor sitting in Tony's chest.

"It's hard to believe something our dads made is keeping you alive." breathed Aaliyah as she gazed up at her best friend.

"It's an antique now." Tony said.

Aaliyah muttered a quick 'oh my god' under her breath.

"Heard that Liyah." said Tony.

"Good, now why are you swapping it?" Aaliyah asked.

"Because, I made a new one to replace it with but I ran into a small snag." said Tony.

"What kind of small snag?" Aaliyah asked.

"There's an exposed wire under this device. And it's contacting the socket wall and causing a little bit of a short. It's fine." said Tony.

He pulls out the old device, handing it to Aaliyah, who places it carefully on the table beside her.