Act 10-Part 1

***

***

"Wrra!" Nebula, frustrated, puts her hands in a fighting stance while looking at Tony.

"You don't need to do that. Because uh... you're just holding position." Tony said, Nebula flicks a paper football towards Tony. "Oh yeah, that was close." Nebula once again flicks a paper football towards Tony. "That's a goal. We're now one apiece."

"I would like to try again." Nebula flicks a paper football towards Tony.

"We're tied up. Feel the tension? It's fun." said Tony.

Tony poorly flicks a paper football towards Nebula.

"That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win." Nebula flicks the paper football towards Tony.

"Fair game. Good sport," Nebula shakes Tony's hand. "Have fun?" Tony asked to double check.

"It was fun." Nebula confirmed.

Tony started walking off somewhere and he'd never admit it but it was taking him longer to get where he wanted to go, Tony knew how badly affected he was, his muscle mass was slowly deteriorating on every part of his body, his bones becoming more and more prominent in his arms and legs. The ribs were the most noticeable.

22 days, that's how long he and Nebula had managed to last in space after Thanos's snap, 22 days, that wasn't too bad but by tomorrow there'd be no oxygen and he and Nebula would slowly down from it.

Carefully, Tony bought himself down on the floor beneath him, he was sitting against a wall, as he stared at his broken helmet, wishing he was down on Earth with his daughter's and fiancée, down there was where he belonged.

The green glow from the vastness of space illuminating the ship. He reached out and under the helmet, flicking a switch as the lights flickered for a moment in the eyes. "This thing on?" Tony asked as the helmet scanned him to make sure, he was well Tony Stark.

"Hey, Ms Cohen... Liyah. If you find this recording, don't post it on social media. It's gonna be a real tear-jerker. I don't know if you're ever going to see these. I don't even know if you're... if you're still... Oh god, I hope so. Abby and Izzy too. Today is day 21, uh 22."

Tony was standing at a window to stare out in space, waiting for his impending doom to arrive.

"You know, if it wasn't for the existential terror of staring into a void of space, I'd say I'm feeling better today. The infection's run its course, Thanks to the blue meanie back there. You'd love her. Very practical. Only a tiny bit sadistic. Some fuel cells were cracked during battle, but we figured out a way to reverse the ion charge to buy ourselves about 48 hours of time."

A tear fell down Tony's cheek as he glanced at the screensaver on his nearly dead iPhone, it was of his girls, all three of them, Aaliyah, Abigail and Isabella, he chuckled remembering the day it was taken but it did hurt to laugh.