Act 10-Part 2

***Five Years Later

***
Five Years Later

Aaliyah Cohen joined Steve Rogers who'd created a support group meeting for those grieving and wanted to talk about it, Steve had started it in memory of Sam and Emma, they were using an abandoned café, behind Steve sat a poster.

"Where do we go, now that they're gone?"

"So I, uh... Went on a date the other day. It's the first time in five years, you know? I'm sitting there at dinner... I didn't even know what to talk about." said one of the people at the session.

"What did you talk about?" Aaliyah asked.

"Same old crap, you know? How things have changed, and... my job, his job... How much we miss the Mets. And then things get quiet... He cried as they were serving the salads." the man replied.

"What about you?" someone else asked.

"I cried... just before dessert. But I'm seeing him again tomorrow, so..." said the man.

"That's great. You did the hardest part. You took the jump, you didn't know where you were gonna come down. And that's it. That's those little brave baby steps we gotta take. To try and become whole again, try and find purpose," Steve sighed and paused to gather his thoughts for a moment.

"I went in the ice in '45 right after I fell in love...And five years ago, I watched the love of my life disappear right in front of me." Steve said, sharing a quick look with Aaliyah both thinking about Emma.

"You gotta move on. Gotta to move on. The world is in our hands. It's left to us guys, and we got to do something with it. Otherwise... Thanos should have killed all of us." Aaliyah spared a glance at her cousin in law, he was trying so hard to be a single parent and live in a world without Emma.

After everyone had dispersed that left just Aaliyah Cohen and Steve Rogers. "How's Hayley?"

"She doesn't remember her, why would she? She was only two when Emma died. Other than that, she's great, going well in school, had a genius for a mother, has a genius for a cousin." Steve replied.

"And how are you coping?"

Steve sighed and rubbed a hand over his face, even after five years he hadn't taken his or Emma's wedding rings off, and his wedding ring was still sitting on his left hand, while Emma's was still sitting on his right.

"I'm...I'm trying, I keep telling myself that I've got to move on but..."

"It feels like you're betraying her." Aaliyah finished for him.

Steve nodded. "Like I'm just leaving her behind, forgetting that she existed, abandoning her, I guess."

"I get it, I really do, my dad was the same when mom died, except you're doing a better job than him. You're not an alcoholic mess and I know that you can't get drunk, but you're just not drinking at all and I'm glad for you and Hayley for you managing to cope."