Act 7-Part 5

***

***

Aaliyah was sitting beside Sam on a chair when Sharon walks in. "The receipt for your gear." Sam grabs it and looks it over.

"Bird costume?" he asked looking at Sharon who shrugged.

"I didn't write it." Sharon defends herself before pressing a button allowing the three of them to watch Jenna and Bucky's evaluation.

"Hello, Mr Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit? Your first name is James?"

Bucky stays silent on his end, waiting for the man to move onto Jenna, but that would only be after he spoke to Bucky.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky, only Jenna can call me James."

"Tell me Bucky, Jenna you two have seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"We don't want to talk about it." Jenna growled.

"You two fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry," Zemo pauses and glanced at the tablet in front of him. "We only have to talk about one."

Suddenly the powers goes out and no-one can see the evaluation, causing chaos around them, Steve, Sam and Aaliyah see T'Challa bolting down to where Bucky and Jenna are being held, the three of them leave the room, Aaliyah's eyes locking with Tony's as she stared at him, behind her eyes was a look of betrayal from the man she loved the most.

***

Steve, Aaliyah and Sam arrive outside the chamber. Red emergency lights flash all around. There are many agents slumped on the floor. All of them out cold.

"Help me," Zemo called out from where he was. "Help."

Aaliyah walked over to him but made no play to help him. "Where's Barnes and Fischer?" When Steve walked in as well and pulled the man up, and pinned him against the wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall." Zemo replied coldly.

As Sam enters Jenna swings her fist which smashes through the wall as Sam ducks. Bucky grabs him by the jaw and throws him at the open pod. Steve and Aaliyah lurch into the fight and Hope lands a punch which Jenna and Bucky barely feel. Bucky kicks and punches Steve out of the chamber. A punch from Jenna goes through the elevator door. Steve blocks the next one but the power of Bucky's fist sends Steve tumbling into the darkened elevator shaft. "Steve!" Aaliyah yelled as she watched him fall into the shaft.

Sam comes around in the chamber and sees Zemo looking down the elevator shaft.

"Der Ostflügel ist kompromittiert. Ich wiederhole: Der Ostflügel ist kompromittiert./The east wing is compromised. I repeat: the east wing is compromised." said a man on the PA system.