Episode 7: Charlie

A few hours earlier...

After a rather sentimental talk with Husk, GM had been planning a special day for him and his granddaughter ever since...well. Yesterday.

When he met her.

It had only just recently occurred to him how fast time had flown by already.

GM then smiled wide when he saw his granddaughter walk out. "Good morning, Charlie! How did you sleep?"

Charlie giggled, her eyes sparkling. "I'm great! I'm just really excited to spend time with you. I always wanted to meet you, but...you know...Dad..."

GM's smile faded slightly. "Yes, uhh...that's another road that we'll go down another day. But today's road! I have something fun planned! I did come down to spend time with you after all!"

Charlie grinned. "Yeah? What is it?"

GM walked over. "A quick little trip! Just you and your grandpa! But where to is a surprise!" He said as he booped her nose.

Charlie snorted. "Alright. Dad knows I'm with you, so I hope he won't worry too much..."

"We'll be back before he even knows we're gone." GM said as he snapped his fingers and summoned a portal. "I'd leave a note for Vaggie and the others though! Since you are their friend and the owner of this hotel."

Charlie smiled and nodded, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. "Good idea!"

GM patiently waited, even imagining a little tune in his head and lightly bopping his head before Charlie walked back over. "Alrighty then! Let's go!"

The two then walked through the portal and it closed behind them and after a brief flash of light...Charlie found herself in a bright green forest right beside her grandfather.

Charlie's eyes widened and she looked around in shock. She had never seen a place so...green, before.

"Grandpa? What is this place?"

GM smiled wide and then spread his arms wide, presenting the massive forest. "Charlie Morningstar...welcome to Earth!"

Charlie's eyes bulged. "E-Earth?! Where...where my friends come from?"

"Where all humans come from." GM smiled. "And the very planet I focus the most on."

Charlie looked around, her eyes wide as she took in the most beautiful place she had ever seen.

Green, luscious grass...trees with brown bark, a river nearby, birds singing and chirping their song, bramble bushes...

It was breathtaking.

Not even Heaven could compare!

"W-w-wow..."

GM smiled before he noticed something nearby. His grin only grew and he gently held Charlie's shoulder...and he began to sing in a soft voice. "~Come with me...and you'll be...in a world of pure imagination~"

He then gently turned Charlie around to show them a little fox was looking up at them, clearly confused as to what they were. The fox looked young, likely not an adult fox. Its black eyes had this shine to it and its fur was as fluffy as a cloud.

"~Reach out, touch...what was once...just in your imagination~" GM smiled before he knelt down, gesturing for the fox to come closer. "~Don't be shy. It's alright...if you feel...a little trepidation~"

The fox then slowly crawled closer, looking up at Charlie specifically.

Charlie slowly knelt down, hesitantly reaching her hand out for the little fox to sniff. She...she had never touched earthly animals before. What if she hurt it?