Episode 23: Azrael

(Going to be referring to Jesus as 'J' a lot of the time like how we refer to God in this book as GM! Makes it significantly less awkward to type!)

"So! Uncle J! Who are we heading to next?" Charlie asked.

The only human son of GM hummed as they walked through the portal. "You'll see in just a moment, Charlie."

Lucifer took a deep breath. "Man...it really has been too long since I've seen the others...how much has changed, Jesus?"

J was silent for a moment, not at all helping Lucifer's unease. "...let's just say it's 50/50 on terms of change. Some haven't, some have. For one, Gabriel has a boyfriend now."

Lucifer whipped his head towards his brother. "You're serious? Super shy Gabriel found someone?"

"Dad, anyone can find love!" Charlie cried. "I mean, you met Mom and I met Vaggie!"

Vaggie blushed, gently rubbing the back of her neck.

"I-I'm not saying that it's impossible, honey! I'm just saying...Gabe was not a people-person." Lucifer said. "He always spent so much time in The Archives that he considered books his only real friends. He hated talking to other people...he's kinda like your Uncle Leviathan the more I think about it, except with a lot less self-insecurity."

J chuckled. "That is true. But, it was more or less that his special someone found him...it took forever for them to get together though. We all spied on their first date just to make sure Gabriel wouldn't mess up and keep them in the friend zone."

Vaggie hummed. "Didn't think God's Messenger would be so bad with people..."

"He usually sent holograms to do it for him. 'No one can shoot the messenger if he's not really there' he would say." J said before they stopped walking. "Ah. We have arrived."

Charlie looked up and saw they were in some kind of black and gold temple of some kind. It was the only place in Heaven that seemed to have black in it, and it stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Ohhh, Azzy's place!" Lucifer grinned. "Is he still Mr. Gloomy and Edgy?"

"No." J said.

Lucifer blinked. "Oh."

They all walked inside and were face to face with one of the Archangels. His skin was white, but his hair and outfit was almost entirely black with a large golden cross on the chest.

The Archangel looked up with a wide grin. "Hey, Jesus!!! Luci!!! And you must be Charlie!!!"

Lucifer blinked. "...Azzy??"

"Charlie? Vaggie? This is Azrael, The Angel of Death." J introduced.

Vaggie's eye widened. "The Angel of what now?"

Azrael then teleported over to Charlie and hugged her tightly. "Oh, look at you!!! You're practically the spitting image of your dad!!!"

Charlie grinned wide and hugged back. "It's so nice to meet you, Uncle Azrael!!!"

"Oh, call me Uncle Azzy! Or maybe Uncle Ray-Ray! Hearing you call me my full name makes me sound too professional, ha! And we're family!!!" Azrael said as he spun Charlie around before setting her down. "Oh, and there he is!!! Mr. Rebel himself!!! Lucifer!!! Bring it in, big bro-"

Lucifer held his cane in front of him. "Who are you and what have you done with Azrael?"

Azrael blinked and then laughed. "Jeez, Samael. Can't a guy change over a millennia or two?"