Episode 15: Stolas

GM walked right through a portal and arrived at a large palace. He was familiar with the Ars Goetia family. If he recalled correctly, they were descendants of Asmodeus himself.

Then again, he could easily be wrong.

GM hummed as he walked right through, the doors even opening for him thanks to a bit of his magic...and much to his surprise, the palace was...empty.

Much of the furniture wasn't there, and there were spots across the walls that showed large photos were there, but had been taken off.

"...well. This is certainly welcoming for depression." GM hummed before hearing footsteps and looking down to see a small Imp, likely a servant.

The servant's eyes widened at the sight of God himself and blinked. "...uhhh-"

"Hello!" GM smiled. "Do you know where Prince Stolas is?"

"He's...at the balcony." The servant said. "Is this another assassination attempt?"

"No, my small friend, it is not." GM said. "How about you take the rest of the night off? You look exhausted."

"...I'm not sure I-"

GM then snapped his fingers and suddenly, the servant's hands were filled with money.

"Consider it a bonus." GM said with a kind smile.

The servant's eyes lit up before he quickly ran off. "Thank you!!!"

"Drive safe!" GM called before chuckling. "He was very sweet."

He then walked through the empty palace, occasionally cleaning up some of the smashed pots and dishes along the way. But, he eventually made his way to the balcony...where the Prince of the Goetia Family himself was leaning forward, looking out into the city.

GM then walked over. "You know, there is a lot of red here."

Stolas yelped, whipping around. He then blinked. "...who are you?"

"I'm just someone passing through." GM said, tipping his hat as he walked over. "You can call me God or Big G or Grandpa Morningstar or the variety of names I have. And you must be Prince Stolas! It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's nice to-" Stolas then blinked. "Wait, did you just say your name was...God?"

"Correct."

"...as in Heaven's God?"

"Correct again."

"The one who created everything? That God?"

"You're on fire today!" GM smiled. "That's what the kids say, right? I'm not very 'hip'."

Stolas was left utterly speechless as he stared at GM. He then rubbed all four of his eyes. "...am I dreaming?"

"No, you are not." GM said. "But worry not, I really am just passing through. I'm on my way back to my granddaughter and her friends. She has a hotel, you see! And now, I'm just doing a favor for a friend. That favor is talking to you...and you look like you need it."

Stolas looked down for a moment before looking back at him. "...I...suppose I haven't talked to anyone in a while..."

GM smiled before looking back out at the city with him, as if they were just old friends looking out into space together. "...how are you doing, Stolas?"

"...not good..." Stolas said with a deep breath. "I...I-I'm at a loss if I'm being honest...my divorce has been finalized, but...I'm not happy about it. I'm just glad my daughter doesn't have to see her father like this."