Episode 18: Adam and Lute

GM patiently waited in his office, sorting through another stack of paperwork. While his other self was in Hell, continuing to bond more and more with his granddaughter, his son, and all of their friends.

And while he could exist in two places at once as he was doing now, he knew that he would have to return to Heaven completely soon...there was just one more thing to settle.

"Come in." GM said when he heard the bell ring, setting his papers down as he cracked his neck.

Michael, now less stressed, poked his head into the room, a tired smile on his face. "Hi, Dad..."

"Ah! My son!" GM grinned. "You're not who I was expecting, but how are things? And hey! Those bags under your eyes are finally gone!!!"

"Things are good...Annabelle had to drag my dumb butt to bed, but I feel better now that I slept...although Molls was a little worried when I slept for a week straight, heh." He chuckled sheepishly.

GM stood from his desk and went over. "After all this paperwork, I cannot blame you. But, what brings you here? I do have a scheduled appointment with a certain...someone."

"Ah. I just got a report. Er...Adam's soul has been spotted regenerating a new body...in Hell."

"Oh, I'm aware." GM grinned, looking all too knowing.

Michael snorted. "Something tells me you have something planned."

"I am also in Hell as we speak, my boy...so, yes. I have something planned." GM said before the door opened again. "And here is the one I was expecting...hello, Lute."

Lute swallowed, especially when Michael gave her a dirty look. "...hello, Heavenly Father..."

GM just had an eerily-calm smile before he looked at his son. "Michael, I thank you for coming...but your old man has to have a private conversation with the former Exorcist here."

Michael grinned knowingly, sending Lute a smug look as he slowly left the room.

Lute felt her normal hand shaking. She took a deep breath before slowly sitting down.

GM then sat down across from her, straightening his tophat and bowtie. "...I think you're aware of what is going to happen to you, Lute."

Lute slowly breathed through her nose. She wouldn't start crying now. She couldn't. "...yes, sir..."

GM then put his hands together. "...for your crimes against Heaven and Hell itself, you will spend the rest of eternity in Hell as a Fallen Angel. And you are not allowed to redeem yourself in the Hazbin Hotel...besides...I doubt you'd want to lose to Vaggie again anyway. The one you mutilated for sparing a Hellborn child. You know, the deal between Lucifer and Adam was that you couldn't kill any of the Hellborn...so in a way? You punished Vaggie for doing her job."

Lute didn't say anything. "...I did. Because I was jealous."

It wasn't an excuse. It was merely an explanation. She had hated Vaggie from the moment she was created, simply because for a while, Adam had favored her.

And not only that, but when they were still in training to be Exorcists for Adam, their teacher always favored Vaggie. She was just second best no matter how many demons she killed.

"I know." GM said. "You embody the sins of Envy and Wrath almost 'to a T' as the kids say...but...you should be considering yourself lucky. Adam just regenerated in Hell, and I know your feelings for him. You can suffer for your crimes together at the very least."

Lute's eyes widened and she choked. "...Adam's alive?"

GM nodded. "Despite holy energy having the capability to permanently kill a soul's form...the soul itself still has to go somewhere. And Azrael, ever the comedian, thought it would be perfect if Adam ended up there. Because...what was it you said? Hell is forever?"