Episode 31: Crymini

Husk walked right through the portal before his eyes widened when he was...in the middle of a large crowd.

"The fuck?" Husk asked, but no one in the crowd could really hear him due to their own excitement.

He looked ahead and saw...a stage. This must've been a concert of some kind.

He looked around and saw that everyone had 70s style haircuts, wore ripped jeans and occasionally some punk rock makeup. It reminded him of the times before he'd died...

Before he left Minnie behind.

Minnie. That's who he was here for.

Husk looked at the card that GM had given him and started to move his way through the crowd...before he heard a voice on stage.

"WELCOME, ONE AND ALL!" A familiar voice shouted through a microphone to the crowd. "Who's ready to fucking rock?!"

The crowd practically screamed, causing Husk to have to cover his ears as he looked on stage...but then he froze.

Up on stage along with two other Winners...was the exact same punk rock wolf that was on the card. The one that his daughter had turned into.

"...Minnie?" Husk breathed.

Minnie Skylar grinned at the crowd, wearing makeup of her own, with blue paint lined down her cheeks to represent tears, and a cute (but unrevealing) purple tank top with ripped black jeans. Her tail swished back and forth as she waved. "Whassup, guys?! I didn't hear you!!! ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?!"

The crowd screamed even louder, but Husk almost didn't hear them as he stared right at Minnie on stage.

"Hell yeah, that's what I wanna hear!!! Now..." Minnie's face softened. "I know that a lot of you struggled before you got to Heaven. I did, too. When...when I lost my dad, Henrik Skylar, I was lost. I didn't know what to do because I was just a kid. I had to learn to do things without him...but along the way, I picked up a bad habit of my own. I smoked. I smoked to cope with the anxiety of the unknown...and I became addicted. To the point where I was smoking four packs a day instead of just one. I couldn't function without it...and, well...it cost me everything. At 18 years old, I was diagnosed with lung cancer."

Husk's eyes widened in absolute horror at the very idea of that. Especially since he wasn't there for it. Already, he had been feeling more emotions than usual. Now? They were all on overdrive.

Then, Minnie smiled. "Before that, I didn't understand my old man. I was confused, sad and angry at the stupid stuff he did, but...being a former addict myself, I think I can understand him a little more. So...I wrote a song. This song is called 'Breaking the Habit.' I love ya, Dad."

Husk wanted to practically run on stage and hold his daughter close, but...he couldn't move.

'How the fuck am I going to tell her...?' He thought as music started to play.

Minnie took a deep breath...then began singing. "~Memories consume, like opening the wound. You're drowning yourself again~"

She then began walking across the stage, her eyes closed as she lost herself in the music.

"~You assume that you're safe in your room, until you pick up your obsession again. I don't want you to be the one the battles choose! 'Cause inside we realize that we're all confused! We don't know what's worth fighting for, so inside we scream! We don't know why we instigate, so we say things that we don't mean!~"

Minnie then tilted her head back as the music, alongside her own voice, began to rise in volume.

"~Don't know how we got this way, and it's not alright! So we're breaking the habit! We're breaking the habit, tonight!~"