Glasses | Chenle Imagine #6

Title: Glasses

Genre: Fluff, kinda angsty

Warnings: mildly suggestive, making out, reader is insecure

Word Count: 968

Author's Note: This is another story idea I had in my works in progress, and I've finally written it. I'm also just happy that I get to post something for Chenle, since it's been long overdue. Hope you guys enjoy it. Thank you so much for reading ^ ^

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

Curled up in the corner of your sofa with a book in hand was your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon. You knew it was such a stereotypical thing for an introvert, but it was something you truly enjoyed. While you weren't overly receptive to teasing, you refused to let that risk intrude on your comfort zone. Your boyfriend, on the other hand, was determined to be the exception.

Your heart nearly leaped into your throat when Chenle pounced at the opportunity to wrap his arms around you from behind, pulling you into a tight hug. For a second, you almost forgot that he let himself into your studio apartment half an hour ago.

This was a normal occurrence in your relationship, where he'd randomly drop by your place and do his own thing. If he wasn't talking to you, he was bickering with Jisung over text or watching the Golden States Warrior highlights on his phone. That's why you thought it'd be fine to carry on with your peaceful activity.

Turning your head in surprise, a soft chuckle escaped you. "What's gotten into you?"

"Why?" Chenle asked, feigning an innocent tone. "Can I not be affectionate with my girlfriend?"

Without a doubt, Chenle was an amazing boyfriend, and you loved him to death. However when it came to physical touch, he was never the clingy type. You suspected his behavior stemmed from guilt over his increasing absence due to work, yet his pride wouldn't let him admit it. While physical touch wasn't necessarily your top love language, turning down Chenle's affection would be foolish.

A smile formed on your face as you set your book aside and gently reached out to stroke his hair. "No, you can..."

He drew back slightly to catch you shyly lowering your gaze, finding your reaction utterly adorable. Returning your smile, he cradled your rosy cheeks in his hands and leaned in to plant a kiss to your lips. Initially, he intended it to be a single kiss. But he quickly realized that one wasn't enough to satisfy him.

Chenle's lips were soft and warm against yours, moving with a gentle but confident rhythm. Your eyes had already closed, as you willingly lost yourself in the sensation. But your glasses proved to be an unexpected obstacle, their frames awkwardly clashing against his cheeks and nose. Soon, you felt him withdraw with a light chuckle, and you caught a hint of embarrassment flickering across his expression.

"Maybe you should take these off," he suggested playfully, tapping the rim of your glasses.

Almost instinctively, you stiffened, but tried to cover it up with a laugh. "I kind of need them to see, Lele," you half-joked, cautiously adjusting your glasses.

"Not when we're kissing," Chenle said lightheartedly. "Don't you just need to feel me?"

Internally, you grimaced as your brain scrambled for another excuse. "I mean, yeah, but...I can't just take them off."

This remark caused Chenle's teasing demeanor to fade away, his brows furrowing in genuine confusion.

"Why not?" His tone softened, tinged with curiosity.

You bit your lip in hesitation, knowing it was probably best to be honest. Already, you were kicking yourself for confusing him with your unnecessary defensiveness.

Sighing, your gaze dropped to the sofa as you spoke in a small voice. "My glasses are sort of a mask for me. You wouldn't believe how unattractive I look without them on."

The heat that rushed to your face was no longer due to shyness but to shame and embarrassment. Vulnerability was something you avoided, despising the weakness it brought. It was worse enough, knowing your insecurities had ruined this moment of intimacy with him.

Before your thoughts overwhelm you, Chenle delicately lifted your chin to meet his eyes. "You're right, I wouldn't believe it," he said, moving to cup your cheek with one hand. "Because I'm positive you look just as beautiful without them on."

With a bit of coaxing, you reluctantly let him remove your glasses. As he carefully slid them off, your vision instantly blurred without the lenses. You felt a wave of awkwardness wash over you under his attentive gaze, but you could vaguely see the affectionate smile he wore.

He nodded affirmatively, tenderly tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "Yep, I was right. You are absolutely breathtaking."

Your heart fluttered at his words. He was certainly a smooth talker, effortlessly leaving you even more flustered than before.

"Do you really think so?" you asked in a hushed tone, holding his hand.

Chenle tilted his head, a playful glint returning to his eyes. "Have you ever known me to lie, (Y/n)?"

A shy smile graced your lips as you felt warmth spreading through you. He made a good point, Chenle's transparency was one of the reasons you loved him.

"Okay, I believe you," you conceded.

"Good," he responded eagerly, "Can we please go back to what we were doing now?"

Laughing, you nodded and Chenle captured your lips in a kiss that was hungrier than the last. Now that your glasses were no longer a barrier, you could feel his warm skin against yours. He smiled into the kiss, sliding his hand from your cheek to the back of your neck. His other hand rested on your waist, pulling you closer until there was no space left between you. Your hands promptly found their way to his shoulders, holding onto him as if you were afraid he might vanish.

But he didn't. Instead, he deepened the kiss, so much so that it caused the both of you to sink back against the couch. With your bodies entwined and hearts beating in sync, you felt your insecurities gradually melt away. While Chenle couldn't erase them entirely, his love made you feel cherished and secure.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴