Crushed | Jeno Fic #1 (feat. Jisung)

Title: Crushed

Genre: College AU

Warnings: a love triangle is heavily implied, kissing involved. reader is little insecure

Word Count: ~14k

Author's Note: Like my other lengthier works, this story took ages to complete. I actually started writing it last year and the motivation to keep going was very slow. But I was determined to finish this story and now it's finally done! I know love triangles are cliché, but I've always wanted to use it in a story. I feel like not many people will be interested in reading this story, but I do hope that those who do will enjoy it. Thank you for reading and please leave comments ^ ^

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

~ cats and coffee

"Hyung, Hyung—that's her!" The younger one exclaimed in a hushed tone, shaking the elder's shoulder.

Jeno's eyes shifted upward to you standing behind the counter, donning a barista uniform. Your dark hair was neatly tied in a half ponytail and the round, silver-rimmed glasses added a scholarly charm, partially concealing your features. While your appearance might not be the most striking, there was a soft warmth about you that made others feel at ease.

"Kim (Y/n)?" He repeated, turning back to his friend.

Jisung nodded with a dreamy look in his eyes. "Isn't she pretty?"

"Yeah I guess so," Jeno shrugged. "Is she the reason you've been coming here so often?"

The younger boy's cheeks tinged red as he bashfully rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe..."

Jeno never thought he'd see the day when Park Jisung—who used to run away from any girl who looked his way— had a crush. It felt...weird.

"How do you know her?" Jisung then asked, brows furrowing in curiosity.

Leaning back in his seat, Jeno replied, "She joined Jaemin's club this year. I volunteer with her at the pet shelter."

To be honest, Jeno hadn't paid a great deal of attention to you before. The first time he saw you was during the first week of the semester when you joined the animal volunteer club, which he was a board member for. Aside from first-day introductions, you appeared rather reserved during meetings and often kept to yourself.

Given Jeno's own introverted nature, it took some time for him to actually talk to you. Even though he was in his third year of college, he still got shy when it came to meeting new people. In fact, it wasn't until the two of you were assigned together to work with the cats that you were compelled to become more acquainted. Your shared love for the felines definitely eased the initial awkwardness. Despite this newly formed connection, his interactions with you stayed within the club's activities.

Jisung gaped at this newfound information. "Seriously? You never told me that before!"

"Well I didn't know you were interested in her," Jeno teased, taking a sip of his iced americano.

Just as they were talking about you, you caught Jeno's eyes and sent a kind smile in his direction. He observed as you exchanged a few words with your coworker and then walked over to their table.

"Hi Sunbae, sorry for not noticing you earlier," you apologized sheepishly, briefly adjusting the frames of your glasses.

"No worries. You looked busy over there," Jeno assured you, before gesturing towards his friend across the table. "This is my friend, Park Jisung, by the way."