Chapter 10- Natsai

After three more days in the Hospital wing, Diana was deemed well enough to return to her common room and dorm. Within her stay there, OWLs had finished, so all the 5th years were left to relax the last week of school while the younger grades finished classes.

Natty thought Dina hadn't been able to see much of anyone, other than Poppy, the last few days due to their testing schedule. Poppy being in her 4th year still had her semi-regular schedule and came by as frequently as before. Natty had come though, when she was released to walk her to her common room.

They took a detour through one of the courtyards so Diana could enjoy some of the almost summer sun, after being cooped up for so long. The two chatted lightly about the things summer might bring, excited that they would get to spend it together. The grass was green and soft under their feet, and there was a light breeze blowing their hair. It was relaxing and invigorating all at once.

As they talked Natty noticed that Garreth sat a little ways off, eyeing the two of them. She knew that he hadn't come yet to talk to Diana, although she had caught him pacing outside the hospital doors more than once. He looked just as hesitant now, looking for an opportunity to come over- so she decided to take initiative.

"Oh I just remembered, I needed to talk with my mother about something. Do you mind if I leave you?" she asked, turning to her friend. She could see she was a little sad, probably not wanting to be alone- perfect.

Natty turned to face Garreth who jumped when she called over to him. He quickly trotted over, not needing any more encouragement.

"I was taking Diana to her common room, but I forgot I needed to have a chat with my mother. Would you mind staying with her now and walking with her when she is done?"

"Y-yes! Of course I can do that!" Garreth said it was almost a shout.

Nattty smiled at him and turned to her friend, who had started to turn a light pink. She squeezed her arm for encouragement and left to have, what she would assume, was a much less interesting conversation then these two would have.