Chapter 8: Sebastian- punching bag

Sebastian punched the old training dummy, over and over his fist hit the wood as it teetered and straightened back up. There was so much emotion pent up inside of him, but he couldn't bring himself to use any magic to let it out like he would have before- so he resorted to good old fashioned fighting.

His knuckles, though taped, were already bloody. His hands had bled, scabbed over, and reopened in an endless cycle. He didn't use any wiggleworm potion, he didn't deserve to. He felt maybe if he could just hit hard enough, if he could feel enough pain from the hit, maybe he could find some relief. But it didn't work, and by this time Sebastian was numb to the pain- it being nothing compared to the weight holding him hostage inside.

He paused as he heard the gears from the clock door turning and the undercroft open. He looked over, holding his breath, hoping, or maybe dreading to see her face walking down. Instead he was met by a blinking red light as the door closed, and he shifted his focus back to the red stained dummy.

There was no noise other than the creak of the dummy and the thuds of Sebastian's fits. Finally with a sigh Ominis spoke;

"I just wanted to let you know that she's awake, fully, and she seems okay."

Sebastian stopped, watching the dummy rock back and forth until it stood still once again. Neither said anything, they barely even breathed as the tension grew heavy around them. And then after a moment Ominis turned around, and headed back to the door and left Sebastian alone, stuck endlessly in his own thoughts.