Chapter 12- MC

The two friends walked together down the stairs towards the large barrels, talking about how OWLs had gone. Garreth had heard from his aunt that Diana would be given time during the summer to take her tests, so he wanted to fill her in on everything that she needed to know. He chatted about what he had been asked to do in potions, and what he felt she could do to prepare herself.

Diana followed along, listening contentedly to her friend, laughing as he mentioned the shock on the test administrators face as he not only managed to make a perfect thunderbrew potion, but also blow up his cauldron- all before his time had finished. They continued to walk together as they turned the last corner when Garreth suddenly stopped. Diana looked around confused, trying to see what had garnered his reaction and she then stopped too. Standing beside the large barrels was Sebastian; arms folded, looking right at them.

Diana felt the hairs on her neck stand on end when they two made eye contact. She hadn't heard anything from him, like Garreth, but she felt even more nervous about this conversation than she had about her Gryffindor friend.

"Um I guess I will leave you here" Garreth looked over at Diana and she nodded to him.

"See you tomorrow?" she asked, and he took his turn to nod to her. Then quickly he took his leave. Now she was left standing awkwardly across from her friend feeling a sudden urge to race into her common room and disappear.