-Twenty eight-

It had been a few days since Joe left to London, and I saw Travis. Joe has been barely texting me while he's gone. Just a basic text when his plane landed, not a call like he promised. And I've been lucky to get even a single message a day from him.

God I just need a nice break from my crazy life right now. Which is what I'm going to do, today's the typical day I go down to the library to sing. I don't know why we do it at the library since the library is supposed to be quiet but it's whatever, I don't make the rules.

I grab my guitar case and run out my front door, slamming it behind me. I run out my car, throwing all my belongings in the back seat and hopping into the front seat.

I'm running a little bit behind but if I drive fast then I should be fine. I park my car and open up the door to the backseat, getting out my gutiar and walking into the building.

"Hey Taylor." The secretary Kylie smiles at me as I walk up to her.

"Hey pretty girl!" I say while scanning my card.

"Here to sing?" She says approving my pass.

"Of course." I giggle.

"We'll break a leg, as always. Maybe one day there's gonna be one of those record signing people in the crowd." Kylie says.

"The chances of that seem pretty slim in our little town but I'll make sure to do my best just incase." I say and wave as I walk off.

I keep a smile plastered on my face as I walk over to my usual spot in the middle of the big room. I pull the small wooden chair closer to the carpet and get my guitar out from the case, starting to tune it as people come in and either sit at the surrounding tables or the carpet in front of me.

Once I've finished my tuneup I glance at my watch and see it's just about time to start. The room has gotten pretty full which sometimes makes me nervous but I'll be okay.

"Okay hey guys, I know that some of you guys already know me but if you don't, I'm Taylor Swift and I do these little performances every Thursday here." I say beginning to pluck the strings of my guitar, slowly starting a song. The first couple songs I sing are the ones I wrote. Then I get to the last song of the evening which I already know is gonna be hard but I just need to sing it.

"Now this song isn't one that I wrote myself but it feels very fitting for my life situation right now. This is Home by the Good Neighbours."

It's a light relief from a bad habit
It's my mother's cooking when I can't have it
It's the last train home from a day trippin'
It's the place I'll go when I start slippin'

Darling, won't you take me home?
Send me shivers somewhere I used to go
Wrap my name across your mouth
When I let my feelings out
Darling, won't you take me home?

Yeah, won't you take me
Oh-oh-oh, oh, oh, oh-oh

Tell me, does your mother know? Oh
I'll still love you, head to toe, yeah
Like the back of my car on a sunny day
You're the song on the radio I never play
You're the words in my soul that I wanna say
That I wanna say, (won't you) won't you let me say?

Won't you take me home?
Send me shivers somewhere I used to go
Wrap my name across your mouth
When I let my feelings down
Darling, won't you take me home?

Yeah, won't you take me
Oh-oh-oh, oh, oh, oh-oh

I finish the last strum of the song and fight back the tears forming in my eyes.

"Thank you everyone for coming out tonight! Let's do this again next week." I fake smile waving into the crowd.

I look down at my lap, fiddling with different sounds on my instrument as I wait for everyone to clear.

"I could take you home Taylor." I hear a voice say in front of me. I look up and wipe a tear off my cheek.

"You are home." I say with a weak smile.