Chapter 55

"Hyung I have been thinking about when we can tell Namjoon hyung about us," Soobin said hesitantly, glancing at Yeonjun. "He's also a hybrid, so we can tell him, can't we?"

Yeonjun frowned, concern evident in his eyes. "How can you trust Joon hyung that much? We've never told this secret to anyone, so why are you ready to tell Joon hyung now?"

Soobin shifted uncomfortably, searching for the right words. "I don't know... It's just that, even though he lives with the other hyungs, he always looks lost to me. Like he needs help but can't bring himself to ask for it. Maybe if we tell him our secret, he'll feel safe enough to tell us his."

Yeonjun sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I get what you're saying, but it's a huge risk. What if he doesn't react well? What if he tells someone else?"

"I don't think he will," Soobin said softly. "I've watched him for a long time, hyung. There's something about the way he looks at the world, like he's carrying a burden he can't share. We might be able to help each other."

Yeonjun studied Soobin's face, noting the sincerity in his eyes. "You really believe that, don't you?"

Soobin nodded. "I do. And I think he might be more like us than we realize."

"That's another thing," Taehyun interjected, leaning forward. "We're not even sure if Namjoon hyung is a hybrid or not. We need to confirm that first."

"Taehyun is right, Soobin-ah," Beomgyu chimed in, nodding in agreement. "We need to be certain before we make any plans."

Soobin looked thoughtful, considering their words. "How do we confirm it then?"

Hueningkai, who had been quietly listening, suddenly spoke up. "That's easy. Just prick his finger, collect a bit of his blood, and mix it with ours. If it repels, then we'll know for sure."

Yeonjun raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "That could work. But we need to be really careful. We can't just go up to him and ask for his blood. We need to find the right moment."

"Exactly," Taehyun added. "We need to be subtle about it. Maybe during training or when we're hanging out. Something that won't make him suspicious."

Beomgyu grinned, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I can distract him. Maybe get him to play a game or something while one of you gets the sample."

Hueningkai nodded enthusiastically. "And once we have it, we'll know for sure. Then we can decide the best way to approach him."

Yeonjun looked around at his friends, seeing their determination. "Alright, let's do it. We'll wait for the right moment and carry out the plan. But remember, we have to be absolutely discreet. No one else can know about this."

The others nodded in agreement, a sense of unity binding them together. Soobin felt a surge of hope. "Thank you, everyone. I know this is risky, but I really believe it's the right thing to do." The others smile and nod at him.

The five boys were deep in their discussion, each contributing ideas and plans to subtly get close to Namjoon, when the door to their hideout suddenly burst open. They all turned in shock as Seokjin stumbled in, his clothes fully covered in blood. In his arms was an unconscious, pale Namjoon, blood dripping from a deep bloody wound on his chest and shoulder, leaving a crimson trail behind them.
The five boys were frozen in their spots when they saw Namjoon laid on the sofa, showing no signs of movement. Terror gripped them as they anxiously awaited what their hyungs would say.

"Hyung... What happened? What happened to Namjoon hyung?" Soobin asked, mustering the courage despite his fear of learning the truth.

Seokjin, looking utterly drained, whispered, "Dead... He is dead. He died protecting the people who wanted to kill him."