Chapter 5

"This is the school dance room," Lloyd said, showing Harumi around the massive room. Mirror and ballet bars propped up against the wall, reflecting and holding the dancers as they stretched their limbs and torso.

"Lower Ms. Chamille," the French Ballet teacher, Madame Balia said to the purple-haired teen who was struggling to fall into her oversplit.

"I'm trying, my legs don't bend that way," Chamille yelped as Madame pushed her lower. The ballet instructor walked around the still-struggling girl and pedaled her insults at other teenagers.

"She may be strict, cruel, hard, and mean, but she is good at her job," Lloyd said, leaning on the wall with a mirror, and watching the girls stretch. "The dance team has won 12 competitions since she arrived."

Harumi hummed in enthusiasm. She planned to join the dance team to boost her popularity also because she has attended dance classes ever since she was three.

"Wow Ms. Selina," Madame said, admiring Seliel's high oversplit. "This is the best I've seen ever since...Since ever!"

Seliel smiled awkwardly, her cheeks fading into a light pink. Although she enjoyed the praise, she didn't like the fact her instructor called her-her full name, even though Seliel insisted she be called Seliel.

"You should join the dance team this year. We need as many dancers as we can get since our seniors left last year." Madame said, clasping her hands together in excitement. Seliel groaned under her breath.

Curse my amazing dancing ability

"Yeah sure, my mom would love that!" Seliel exclaimed with fake enthusiasm.

"Wait, your mother is Alicia Grace, right? Madam questioned Seliel's relationship.

"Yes, that's her alright. Super famous dancer, who can't even make time to spend with her daughter." Seliel mumbled the last part, but Madame was so busy jumping with joy that Seliel's mumbles went unheard.

"Ooh, I have a celebrity kid on my dance team! I would have had two, only if that Nicolas Brookstone child accepted my offer." Madame said angrily. "But this one will do! This will be my 13th competition won!"

"Time for middle splits!" Madame said to the girls.

"Seriously?" Chamille groaned, not ready to bend herself like a pretzel.