Chapter 29

Bullies were kinda cringy, and making someone feel bad about themselves was such an L sigma move. Like come on, everyone knows you're insecure of yourself, so you pick on others to make yourself feel better, we all watched those slide presentations in bullying assemblies.

But, some kids just don't listen, no matter how many slides you through at them.

"Look at her, she can't even wear a leotard correctly, her food baby is poking out," Vania whispered to Harumi while Seliel performed a solo. Those two girls had been picking on Seliel since they heard about the date she and Cole had been on. It was probably a power move to make Seliel feel bad about herself enough to stop going out with Cole.

"Are you sure that's a food baby? I think she's just fat," Harumi whispered back, pointing at Seliel's thick thighs. She wasn't fat, she just happened to be on the 'thick thighs save lives' side. And besides, it was genetics, or atleast that was what Seliel was telling her self.

"Ignore them. They are insecure of themselves and want to take it out on you," Seliel reassured her self, but it gave her little comfort as the girls continued their comments. Seliel was trying hard enough to perform her solo with out the distraction the two girls were causing. The seconds she finished, she scooted herself to theback corner of the room where her friend Murtessa was.

"Great performance, I wish I was half the dancer you are," Murtessa joked. Seliel sigh, laughing lightly.

"Then you would have to endure hal the trauma I went through to get this good," Seliel muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Murtessa asked genuinely, not hearing what Seliel had just said.

"Oh nothing!" Seliel said, a bit too rushed. Murtessa shrugged befre heading to the middle of the dance floor to perform her duet with one of the guys in the class, leaving Seliel all alone.

"I don't know what Cole sees in you, but it certainly doesn't have to do with looks," Vania said, walking over to Seliel's spot with Harumi trailing behin her.

"Oh really? You're one to talk with all that make up on your face. Do you live in Sephora or something?" Seliel quipped. Vania looked her up an down in disgust,her arms crossing over her chest with a sharp snarl.

"Little Ms. Piggy over here tryna talk back? Don't think I can quiet here you under all that fat," Vania insulted, placing her ands back on her hips in triumph. "Here's a tip, maybe go work out more, it'll help you with your trashy dancing."

Vania spun on her heel, leaving a stunned Seliel behind her.

"She's no wrong. You could loose a few pounds," harumi stopped, looking her up and down. "A few hundred."

Seliel didn't know what got into her, but with in the next 2 secondss to 4 minutes she found her self sitting on the bathroom floor, tears running down her face, which made her non water proof mascara to run.

She knew what caused this break down. It was the mentioning of her weight. Seliel had never been on the best terms with her body. It was instilled in her since childhood that she was always too fat or too skinny. Most of this was her mother's fault of course. Alicia put Seliel on diets often, from agres six and up. Seliel rarely enjoyed common delicacies like fries or burgers, she usually choked down dry salads that hadn't been blessed with any decorative ingredients. Seliel took tablets to fufil her lack of nutrients from the bland meals.

Seliel hadn't realized she had been making noise, because before she knew it, another girl was in the bathroom.

"Oh my, are you okay," Nya asked, walking towards the still crying Seliel. Seliel barely looked up at her, but when Nya saw her blood shot eyes, she instantly went by Seliel's side. "Hey it's okay, don't cry."

But that only made Seliel cry harder. Seleil thought she had finally escaped the torment of her mother's body shaming comments, but now she was dealing with an even worse component: high school popular girls. Of course, Seleil wasn't allowed to be comfortable in her own body. Someone had to always tell her how bad she looked.

Seliel eventually calmed down enough, her endless sobs changed into small tears sliding down her cheeks. Nya was still there by Seliel's side, not wanting to leave a fello girl crying on the bathroom floor.

"Now that you've calmed down, can you tell me why you're so upset," Nya soothed, grabbing paper towels from the containers and handing them to Seliel. Seliel accepted them thankfully, wiping the mess of mascara off her face.

"Those annoying blonds know exactly how to damage someone," Seliel snarled, recalling the hurtful things said about her. Nya nodded in realization. She knew who Seliel was talking about. "Usually I would ignore them, but today, I'm just.. Ugh." Seliel's hands feel to her sides. Her face fell into her propped up knees with a sigh.

"How long have they been bothering you?" Nya asked, sitting back down next to Seliel. Seliel shrugged trying to count the days.

"Since I went on a dat with Cole, so like two weeks?" She answered, unsure of her own response. Nya's face darkened, and her lips turned down into a frown.

"And have you told anyone about this?" Seliel shook her head, balling the napkins in her hands in frustration.

"Nobody but you." Seliel sighed getting up off the floor. "But it's fine, I'm used to this stuff anyway." Seliel paused: she spilled a little too much. Her eyes trailed up to Nya's concerned once before bouncing back to the ground.

"What do you mean by that?" Nya pressed on, leaving her spot from the ground to stand next to Seliel. Seliel glanced at the mirror, ignoring Nya's question. Most of the smudged make up was gone and her eyes weren't red or puffy.

"I- I gotta go, thanks for the help," She said, leaving a still concerned Nya in the bathroom. She wasn't ready to talk about her past or her weight with anyone at the moment, especially not a stranger.

Nya sighed, kicking the ground with her converse before heading into the stall, remembering why she came to the bathroom in the first place.