Chapter 6

"Well students, great job for making it past your first day back in school," Koko's voice rang through the halls from the PA system. "I'll see you all tomorrow for another wonderful day here at Ninjago Academy!"

It sounded like cheers erupted from all the classrooms when the closing bell finally rang. Seven hours and thirty minutes of sitting in classrooms, playing 'get to know you' games weren't as fun as sleeping in till 12 and playing video games or going to parties in the summer.

"We've been in school for one day and I have an essay to write for English about the positive effects of reading over summer," Cole said, slumping against the locker, his headphones around his neck.

"Weren't we supposed to do that over the summer," Jay asked him, collecting the books that he needed for homework. Cole nodded.

"Yeah, but I was busy touring Europe with my parents, so I couldn't exactly get to it," Cole replied, recalling the hours spent in concerts watching his parents perform for hours on end while he was forced to watch since his parents didn't believe him when he said he didn't want to be a dancer.

"Oh yeah, no wonder I had to play video games with Kai instead of you," Jay said, remembering the hours of screaming in his basement while he played two-player games with his girlfriend's brother.

"Well, I better get going, my parents are leaving for another tour today, and I gotta say goodbye," Cole said, swinging his backpack over his left arm.

"But didn't they just come back four days ago?" Jay questioned, catching up with Cole in the parking lot.

"Yeah, but their dancers and singers, it's their job. And besides, I'm used to it by now," Cole said, unlocking his G-wagon before pulling his headphones over his ears. "See ya bluebell,"

"Bye dirt brain," Jay said hopping in his blue lambo.