Chapter 23

Lloyd was a nice guy in school, but on the soccer field he was a total demon.

"Faster! I want to see better footwork. Move! Move! Move!" He commanded as his team did the drills. Some may be wondering, "Why isn't the coach doing this?" Well, the answer is Lloyd was already doing a wonderful job so Coach McCafferty didn't have to.

"Pick up the pace Brad and Gene, I don't want slackers on this team!" Lloyd yelled. Brad and Gene scurried away to get the ball.

"Is he always this angry when it comes to soccer?" Ghoultar asked Morro. Morro shrugged, scrolling through his phone.

"Only on tryouts. He is way angrier during practices," Morro deadpanned. Ghoultar shuddered. "Aren't you trying out?"

"Yeah what?"

"Then, if I were you I would go practice before Lloyd- oh too late," Morro said, looking at a steaming Lloyd approaching them.

"Unless you're trying out for the bench warmer position, I suggest you get up and go to the field!" Lloyd screeched. Ghoulatar jumped up and dashed into one of the tryout lines. Lloyd sighed before sitting next to his cousin.

"You look stressed," Morro said, not looking up from his phone.

"I'm always stressed," Lloyd groaned. "TWO LAPS AROUND THE FIELD NOW!"

"What's bothering you this time?" Morro ignored the ear rape that just came out of Lloyd's mouth.

"Well, there is tryouts today, I have to look through applications for student council, I have a history project that's due tomorrow, which I did not complete, and then I have two write and English paper on Why Shakespeare is a poet. Like seriously Mr. Fenwick!" Lloyd's hands dragged down his face in annoyance.

"That's rough buddy," Morro said simply. Lloyd rolled his eyes at his cousins lack of empathy. "But you'll get through it, you always do."

"Thanks," Lloyd smiled.

"What are cousins for," Morro smiled.

"Get your butts into two teams!" Lloyd got up and screamed at the kids.

"And here we go again," Morro laughed.

"Can't we get a break?" Finn said, gasping for air after his two lap jog.

"Fine," Lloyd said, tapping his foot.

"Thank you,"

"Breaks over, back to business," Lloyd blew into the whistle around his necks. The kids covered their ears to lessen the ear damage Lloyd was giving to them.

Lloyd was hard on the tryouts to make sure that only the best were on his team. He was selecting eleven additional people. Morro already secured his spot as co-captain, so try-outs were unnecessary for him.

"Drop down and give me twenty," Lloyd commanded. The boys got down and attempted to do some push ups.

"Seriously? My Grandma has arthritis and she can do push ups better than you," Lloyd scoffed, looking at their weak forms.

"How about you show them how it's down," Morro called from the benches. Lloyd nodded. He proceeded to do 20 perfect pushups, 15 one armed push ups on both arms and even did a handstand push up to flex his abilities.

"It's not that hard," Lloyd said springing back up. He wasn't tired at all, if anything he was ready to do more. The team stood dumbfounded at Lloyd.

"Time to play." Lloyd said, ushering the teens onto the field.

"I'll split you guys into teams of three. First 4 groups to score a goal win and are in. The rest are off." Lloyd instructed before making the teams.

"Crux your with Jake and Okino. Griffin Turner you're with Ghoultar and Bolobo. Dareth you're with Nelson and Scott," Lloyd said making teams. Once he was done and all 21 kids were in groups of three he started the game.