Chapter 18

"Now break off into your groups of two," Mr. Franksine said, afer demonstrating the lab assignment. "Chad and Brad, go wor with other people."

The two boys in the statement groaned before parting ways to find other partners The class gathered in groups rather quickly, each person already having a friend in the class.

Nya popped up next to Jay. He didn't notice her standing next to him until she spoke, "hello Earth to Jay. Are you ignoring me?"

Jay shook his head, erasing his train of thought. "What did you say?"

Nya scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I said we are goin gto be partners."

"No choice on my part?" Jay joked, earning a glare from Nya. "I mean, I would love to work with you."

"What's on your mind," Nya asked, turning to Jay. Her small frame leaned against the table as she looked into his eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jay replied, trying to keep his voice clear and avoiding eye contact.

"You've been acting strangely all day," Nya commented, tapping on the chemical class. Jay cleared his throat.

"I'm just tired, me and... Lloyd spent the night beating Lava Zombie 3," He said. He wasn't exactly lying since he and Lloyd did almost pull an all-nighter. Sadly, Lloyd's mom sent Lloyd to bed at like 3 am due to his constant screaming. Truthfully, Jay's mind was somewhere else and he didn't want to be in school today.

"That's fair, but i'm still suspicious of you," Nya said pointed a finger accusively at Jay. he He put his hands in the hair as defense with a small laugh.

"Well, that's all you're getting out of me," Nya rolled her eyes before giving Jay's hand a small squeeze of reassurance. Little did she know, that small gesture brightened his day.

"Don't do it Chad, don't drink it please don't!" Zane said trying to take the Granditstermin bottle from Chad.

"Oh come on it's completely harmless, and besides, I'm thirsty," And wit that Chad downed the chemical.

"It's not completely harmless, if ingested, the subject will experience stomach pains and extreme bowel movement," Zane explained, snatching the bottle from Chad before he could finish it.

"Extreme? Cool!" Brad grabbed the bottle from Zane and finished it with a loud belch.

"Does anyone ever listen to me?" Zane said, slapping a palm to his forehead in irritation.

"Oh, no." Chad said grabbing his stomach. "Can I get a bathroom pass?"

"Me too please," Brad groaned in agony.

"Just get out of my classroom," Mr. Franksine sighed, shaking his head. The two students dashed out of the room, not before leaving a putrid smell.

"Did he just-" Zane's unfinished question was answered by a bunch of dry heaving and gagging from the students in the classroom.

"I swear, those kids re the definition of chaos," Jay said holding his nose tight, trying his bet not to inhale the passed gas.

"Agreed," Nya gagged.