Chapter 14

Skylor pulled into the Smith's residence just a few minutes before her and Nya's meeting time. Upon her arrival, she stopped for a few minutes to admire the Smith's house.

The house was huge- to put it in short. There was a garage with three doors with two cars, presumably Kai's parked outside to show off their beauty. The grass in the garden was freshly trimmed and a vibrant green that almost looked fake. Their gardener must have been paid thousands for the precise tree trims and small bushes that ran along the property's exterior.

Not only was the external presence of the greenery beautiful, but the exterior of the large house stood tall and beautiful.

The dark red and brown walls were wood with thick stones a quarter up the wall as a wall trim. The windows were a medium brown with small but visible roses decorating the edges. Thick wooden pillars held the corners of the houses together and added texture to the home.

The gate, which Skylor had to call Nya to open, had a brown rock fence that had no holes. The thick black iron of the gate was pointed at the end with gold-painted spikes that glimmered in the sunlight.

"Wow," was all Skylor could say as she admired Nya's home. She hadn't been inside yet and she already loved this house. She would have to ask Nya for a tour if Nya didn't give her one.

Skylor's admiration was stopped as the gates opened silently. Her black and orange Mercedes Benz pulled up the driveway slowly as Skylor edged on and appreciated the view.

She looked up from the roses that decorated the edges of the road to see Nya on the steps of her house smiling at Skylor. Skylor got up and was immediately dragged by Nya into the house.

"Welcome to my house," Nya smiled, shutting the front door and locking it. Skylor smiled back, admiring the interior of the house. If the outside was amazing then the inside was the most extraordinary.

There seemed to be a lot of metal work done since metal designs and sculptures decorated the foyer. Skylor's hands grazed over the small metal flower basin, feeling the engraved designs that seemed to spell out the words: Nuestra Casa, which translated from Spanish to English meaning Our Home.

"Wow, your house is beautiful." Skylor complimented, looking at the photos against the walls.

"Thank you, my mom designed the inside by herself," Nya said, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear shyly.

"She did all this? No way!" Skylor exclaimed. She couldn't wrap her head around on how someone could make something feel so homey, but then again, her mother never cared to even put pictures up in Skylor's home.

"Yeah, it took her 3 years, and a lot of money, but she finished before we moved to Ninjago City," Nya replied, slipping off her crocs and placing them in the shoe rack on the left side wall.

"Well, she did a great job, this place looks great!" Skylor praised. Nya smiled before walking over to Skylor and taking her arm.

"I guess we need a tour then," Nya smiled, leading Skylor out of the foyer.

The two walked around the house with Nya naming the room and important pieces of furniture and photos all around the house.

"And this is the gaming room where- Kai why aren't you wearing a shirt!" Nya exclaimed at her shirtless brother standing in the middle of the gaming room. Kai turned around giving Skylor a full view of Kai's upper body. Skylor quickly turned away, not before taking a mental picture of Kai. If not for her heavy layers of make-up, Skylor would be blushing tomato red.

"Oh crap," Kai freaked, grabbing a sweatshirt from his chair and throwing it on. Nya rolled her eyes before leading a still-shocked Skylor out of the room. Kai's faint 'sorry' was left hanging as the two walked back to Nya's room.