𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Nari

Nari was at her apartment, lounging on her sofa with a glass of wine, while on the phone with Bora, who was eagerly listening to all the updates. Sunghoon was out at work, leaving Nari some time to vent.

"Everything is just so perfect, Bora," Nari said, twirling a strand of her hair absentmindedly. "Sunghoon and I are so happy together. But there's one thing that's driving me crazy."

"Oh? What is it?" Bora asked, her curiosity piqued.

Nari sighed dramatically. "It's just... We haven't had sex yet. We haven't taken that step yet. I'm getting impatient, Bora. He's so touchy and affectionate, always kissing me, but it just... ends there. He doesn't go any further."

Bora chuckled. "Sounds like he's just trying to be respectful and take things slow."

"Respectful, my foot!" Nari whined, throwing her head back. "I mean, it's sweet and all, but come on. A girl has needs, you know?"

Bora laughed out loud. "Poor Nari, all pent-up with nowhere to go. Have you tried talking to him about it?"

Nari groaned. "No, I haven't. I don't want to seem pushy or desperate."

"Oh, honey, trust me. If you feel this way, there's a good chance he might be feeling the same way but is just waiting for the right moment or signal from you," Bora suggested.

Nari huffed. "I give him plenty of signals, Bora. I practically throw myself at him, and still, nothing!"

"Maybe you need to be a little more... direct?" Bora said, smirking through the phone.

"Direct? How direct are we talking here?" Nari asked, intrigued.

"Next time he gets all touchy and kissy, just tell him how you feel. Maybe even show him," Bora advised. "Men can be a bit dense sometimes. He probably thinks he's doing the right thing by taking it slow."

Nari giggled. "You might be onto something. It's just so frustrating! He's all over me one moment, and then he stops and gives me that sweet smile, and I'm like, 'No! Keep going!'"

Bora laughed again. "You poor thing. Well, if it makes you feel any better, Haneul was the same way at first. I had to practically spell it out for him."

"Really?" Nari asked, surprised. "What did you do?"

"I just sat him down and told him straight up. 'Look, I love you, and I want to be with you in every way possible. So, let's do this.' He got the hint pretty quickly after that," Bora said, chuckling at the memory.

Nari sighed again, this time with a small smile. "I guess I could try that. It's just... I don't know, I want it to be natural."

"Natural is overrated," Bora teased. "Sometimes, a little push is all you need."

Nari laughed. "Alright, alright. I'll try being more direct. But if it doesn't work, I'm blaming you!"

"Deal," Bora said with a laugh. "But seriously, Nari, just talk to him. You guys have something great, and this is just another step in your relationship."

"Thanks, Bora," Nari said, feeling a bit more hopeful. "I'll give it a shot."

"Anytime, girl. And hey, let me know how it goes!" Bora added with a mischievous tone.

"Oh, you'll be the first to know," Nari promised, laughing. "Thanks again, Bora."

"Good luck! And remember, be direct," Bora reminded her one last time.

Nari ended the call, feeling a mix of anticipation and nerves. She knew Bora was right. It was time to take that next step and be open with Sunghoon about how she felt. She smiled to herself, already imagining how their conversation would go and hoping for the best.

ᡣ𐭩.ᐟ

Sunghoon walked home, his breath visible in the chilly evening air as he chatted on the phone with Jake. The conversation had taken a light-hearted turn, but Sunghoon couldn't shake the thoughts of Nari from his mind.

"So, how's everything going with Nari?" Jake asked, his tone teasing. "You two seem pretty solid."

"Yeah, it's amazing, really," Sunghoon replied with a smile. "She makes me so happy. There's just one little problem."

"Oh? Do tell," Jake said, intrigued.

Sunghoon hesitated for a moment before continuing. "It's the intimacy part. I want to, you know, take things to the next level, but I don't want to push her or make her uncomfortable."

Jake chuckled. "Man, you sound like a teenage boy. Just talk to her about it!"

Sunghoon sighed. "I know, I know. But it's not that easy. We've known each other for so long, and I don't want to ruin anything by coming on too strong."

"Dude, if you're feeling this way, there's a good chance she might be too," Jake said. "You guys have been all over each other for weeks. Maybe she's waiting for you to make the first move."

Sunghoon laughed nervously. "I don't know, man. What if she's not ready?"

Jake snorted. "You've been dating for weeks, Sunghoon. If she wasn't ready, she would've told you by now. You need to just go for it."

"But what if she thinks I'm just some desperate guy?" Sunghoon countered.

Jake burst out laughing. "Desperate? You? You're the least desperate guy I know. Just be yourself. She likes you for you, remember?"

Sunghoon chuckled. "Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just... it's hard to bring it up, you know?"

Jake's tone turned more serious, but still light-hearted. "Look, Sunghoon, relationships are all about communication. If you can't talk about this, how are you going to handle the bigger stuff down the road?"

"True," Sunghoon admitted. "I'll talk to her. I just don't want to mess things up."

"You won't," Jake reassured him. "Just be honest with her. And hey, if she's not ready, she'll tell you. No big deal. You'll figure it out together."

Sunghoon smiled, feeling a bit more confident. "Thanks, Jake. I needed that pep talk."

"No problem, man," Jake replied. "Just don't chicken out, okay? And for the love of all that's holy, don't be awkward about it."

Sunghoon laughed. "I'll try my best. And hey, how are things with you? Any hot dates lately?"

Jake groaned. "Don't even get me started. I had this one date last week, and she spent the whole time talking about her ex. I was like, 'Lady, if you're still hung up on him, why are you here with me?'"

Sunghoon chuckled. "Sounds rough. Maybe you should take a break from the dating scene for a bit."

"Yeah, maybe," Jake agreed. "Anyway, good luck with Nari. Keep me posted, alright?"

"Will do," Sunghoon said. "Thanks, Jake. Talk to you later."

"Later, man," Jake said before hanging up.

Sunghoon slipped his phone into his pocket and quickened his pace. He was eager to get home and talk to Nari, to finally clear the air and see where they stood. As he approached the apartment, he took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for the conversation ahead.

ᡣ𐭩.ᐟ

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.

©enhaheart

2024 © All Rights Reserved