𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Sunghoon & Nari

Sunghoon & Nari

The next morning, Sunghoon was sitting out in the garden, practicing his French from a book in a rather exaggerated accent. "Comment ça va?" he said, stumbling over the pronunciation. Nari passed by him, paused, and then returned, pointing her finger at him accusingly.

"You!" she said, as if she were still annoyed about the previous day's antics.

Sunghoon smiled at her. "By the way, Nari, you're looking very bright and dashing today."

She gave him a look that said, 'Are you serious?' and snatched the book from his hands. "Stop wasting time, Sunghoon. I have a big problem to solve." She walked away, leaving him chuckling at her frustration. But then she returned a second later and said, "Actually, you have a big problem to solve." Grabbing his hand, she led him to the side of the building near a big window.

Nari pointed at the window. "Climb up."

Sunghoon put his hands on his hips, looking at her as if she were joking. "I'm not a circus animal."

Nari crossed her arms, smirking and teasing him. "Are you scared?"

He took off his sunglasses and handed them to her. "Don't hurt my ego," he said with a grin. She smiled widely as he started climbing up, accidentally slipping and muttering, "Shit!" under his breath.

"Shut up and shhh," Nari whispered urgently. "I need you to spy on the people in the room and tell me what's happening."

Sunghoon smirked in disbelief at her cheekiness. "Since when did you become so vulgar?" he asked, but then he obliged, peeking through the window to see what was happening inside.

Sunghoon saw Haneul stretching and reported back to Nari. "Haneul's inside stretching."

"What's he doing?" she asked.

Sunghoon looked puzzled. "I don't know, it's like some kind of dance." He turned back to her and asked in a normal voice, "But what am I doing here?"

Nari quickly shushed him. "You're checking how good their dance is."

"Whose?" he asked, still confused.

"The groom's team, idiot. Now go look," she whispered, annoyed.

"Ohhhh," he said, finally understanding. He found it funny how competitive she was. "This is a wedding, not Dance Moms."

"Anyways, I don't cheat," Sunghoon said, shaking his head.

Nari widened her eyes, knowing he was lying. "You liar. You'd still be in preschool if you didn't cheat."

"Point taken," he admitted and went back to spying. His eyes widened, impressed but also amused by what he saw.

"Is it that good?" Nari asked, trying to keep her voice low.