𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Sunghoon

Sunghoon

Sunghoon had spent the last few days in a whirlwind of packing and goodbyes, his heart racing with anticipation. His apartment in Chicago was now bare, the last of his belongings neatly stowed in boxes. What was supposed to be a final week of preparation turned into an impromptu early return to Korea, a plan that had been set in motion only after his deep yearning to surprise Nari. The thought of seeing her, holding her close, and melting away the distance that had grown between them was enough to make his heart skip a beat.

He landed in Seoul with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. The familiar rush of the city, now tinged with the knowledge that he was just moments away from reuniting with Nari, filled him with a sense of euphoria. After a quick taxi ride, he arrived at her apartment complex, his suitcase trailing behind him. The keys he had kept were still in his pocket, a small token of the trust and love they shared.

As he reached her door, he fumbled with the keys, his fingers trembling slightly. The anticipation was almost unbearable, but he finally managed to unlock it and push the door open. The familiar smell of Nari's home wafted out to greet him, a comforting reminder of the life they had built together.

Inside, Nari was deeply engrossed in her work at the dining table. The soft glow of her laptop screen illuminated her focused expression, her brows furrowed as she typed away. The sound of the door creaking open was faint, but it was enough to catch her attention. Her gaze shifted to the source of the noise, first landing on the suitcase and then slowly moving up to meet Sunghoon's eyes.

Her reaction was instant. She blinked once, twice, her eyes widening in disbelief. The surprise took a moment to fully register before a look of pure joy spread across her face. Without a second thought, she sprang from her chair, her eyes sparkling with excitement. She rushed toward him, her steps light and hurried. As she reached him, she jumped into his arms, her legs wrapping around his waist as she clung to him.

Sunghoon was caught off guard but quickly adjusted, dropping his suitcase and wrapping his arms tightly around her. He lifted her effortlessly, her body pressed close against his as they squeezed each other with an urgency born from their separation. The world seemed to fade away, leaving only the warmth and comfort of their embrace.

"Sunghoon!" Nari exclaimed, her voice muffled against his shoulder. "You're here! I didn't expect you so soon!"

"I couldn't wait any longer," Sunghoon replied, his voice thick with emotion. "I missed you so much, Nari."

"I missed you too," she murmured, pulling back slightly to look into his eyes. Her hands cupped his face, her thumbs brushing away the stray strands of hair from his forehead. "How are you here right now? I thought you were coming next week."

Sunghoon's eyes softened as he looked at her. "I decided to surprise you. I just couldn't stay away any longer."

Nari beamed, her smile radiant. "Well, you definitely got me. I'm so happy to see you."