𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Sunghoon & Nari

Sunghoon & Nari

Sunghoon held his suit jacket over his shoulder, taking a slow walk around the property to clear his mind. The events of the night weighed on him, but he let the cool night air soothe his thoughts. Eventually, he found himself back at the poolside, where he noticed Nari sitting on the edge with her feet dipped in the water. She was now in comfortable clothes, looking relaxed and at ease.

When Nari spotted Sunghoon, she waved and called him over. He smiled, the earlier tension dissipating as he approached her. He slipped off his shoes and socks, sitting down next to her to dip his feet in the pool.

"Hey, it's cold," Sunghoon exclaimed, flinching at the initial chill.

Nari giggled at his reaction. "It's just water. Relax, you'll get used to it."

He looked at her skeptically, hesitating before slowly lowering his feet into the pool. She laughed again, enjoying his exaggerated caution. They sat in silence for a moment, staring at the water's ripples.

After a while, Sunghoon tilted his head closer to her. "Are you married?" he asked, his voice breaking the silence.

Nari's nose scrunched up, and she turned to him quickly. "What? No," she chuckled.

"Kids?" he inquired further.

With a sarcastic tone, she replied, "Yes! Three: Bora, Jake, and you."

Sunghoon laughed, "Such a player, Moon Nari."

She laughed as well and then asked, "Why are you asking?"

He turned his head to face her, their eyes meeting. "I'm wondering if I should behave or flirt openly."

"Is flirting necessary?" she asked, her head still turned to him.

"Of course. It's very good for health. Flirting is a necessity," he replied, smiling.

Nari giggled again, looking ahead. Sunghoon admired her from the side, a warm feeling spreading through him. He then softly said, "Were you always this beautiful, or is this the magic of time?"

Nari turned her head to him, her nose scrunching cutely. "Ish... what a cheesy line."

"Hmm, you find this cheesy now, but there was a time when you were floored by these lines," he teased.

"Me? Floored by you? Please," she said, denying it with a giggle.

They both fell silent again, enjoying the moment and the clear sentimentality between them. It was evident they had missed each other. Nari finally broke the silence.

"You haven't changed at all, Sunghoon," she said, her voice soft and sincere.

He turned his head, listening intently. "Except for one thing..." she added.

"What's that?" he asked.

She smiled softly, looking into his eyes. "The old Sunghoon used to smile a lot more. Almost as much as he used to flirt," she added with a grin, making him smile too.