#15

Brianna's P.O.V

Well...this is what my life has come to. Other people have to remind me of my needs and healthcare. Wow. How can you be so dumb Brianna. I guess i should start taking yoga classes for better concentration. It will keep me going. Its healthy for me and the baby...right? Never mind.

Me and Chris entered the hospital and waited for the nurse to call us. It was very shocking actually, that he remembered my sonography date. Cuz i dont think anyone reminded him about it. There are only few people who know my sonography schedule. So my number one guess is mom, But thats not really possible cuz mom and Chris don't know each other enough to talk on the phone and stuff, I have told them about each other but they haven't met ,yet. And guess number two is Mimi, But i dont think she is clever enough to remember it. And the last guess is me myself...But you already know me. So i wonder if he remembered the date on his own.
We both entered the clinic once my name was called.

"Well hello there Brianna." Sam enthusiastically greeted me with a smile, and then her eyes drifted towards Chris. Her grin widened. "Oh hi Chris. How are you doing??" she said.

"Hi Sam. Iam fine, thank you. How are you??" Chris beamed at Sam. So...how did the conversation shift from me to him?? Honestly, I feel kinda left out.

"Iam doing great dear." she smiled back.

I cleared my throat to pierce the awkwardness around me.

"Oh yes Brianna. How are you?" Sam looked at me. Well now you remember me...the actual patient. Great.

"Yeah....Iam fine i guess, thanks." i replied clumsily.

"OK lets get started. Are you ready?" Sam warmly smiled at me. I glanced at Chris, nervously, feeling all of those weird emotions from last time come back to me again. I know that last visit was a bit different, a better sort of different, but i still was very scared. I dunno why. With the look that i gave Chris, he immediately took my hand in his and smiled reassuringly. Instantly, the warmth of his hand surrounded mine...and then that feeling started making its way towards my heart. There was something in his deep blue eyes, something about the way he looked at me, which suddenly replaced my frown with a smile. And made me also blush...Of course

Feeling almost normal again, we walked towards the hospital bed. I lied down, with the doctor prepping me just like before, But this time there was a change. This time, i felt ready. I was eager to see my baby this time. To see a living miniature me growing up inside of me. And i felt happy about it.

Sam did the regular check up. And once again i started sobbing. Why? Well i think i can never get used to the fact that iam going to be a mother in no less than 3-4 months. And once again Chris tightened his grip on my hand, soothing me with his words. 

"Well guys, the baby is fine and healthy, so need to worry. But i had a question for you guys." Sam said after examining me and the baby. 

"A question? What happened? Any prob-" I started blabbering. I know the doctor said that the baby is fine, but i just cant help be paranoid.

"Bri Bri...Calm down. Iam sure its nothing to worry about. OK?" Chris said, as i nodded. "Yes Sam. What do you wanna ask about??" he continued, looking towards her.

"Well i wanted to know if you guys would like to know the gender of the baby?? You know like...a little baby girl?? or a little baby boy?" she asked as she smiled at us.

Wow...Well i told you i was ready, but not ready to answer this. Iam sooo confused. What do i do?? I really want to know if its a girl or a boy, but at the same time, I dont want to know. Ugh...What do i- Wait a minute...Iam sure Chris can help me out. So i looked at Chris with my questioning eyes, wishing he would help me through this.