#28

Brianna's P.O.V

Well with yesterday's day very embarrassing for me but equally amusing for Chris, I was currently making myself some breakfast. Why was yesterday so different for both of us?? Well thats because we ended the day with an unexpected horror movie plan. I was not prepared to watch one, but Chris was super pumped as he waited very long for this movie to be released. I suggested him to go ahead and watch it alone as i don't take horror too well, but he, like always, convinced me to go along with him. So it was basically me jumping and screaming at every scary part of the movie, and for him it was just laughing and apologizing to the other people in the hall. I mean seriously? A girl is scared for her life and all you do is laugh at her?? Rude much? I rushed out of the theater feeling really annoyed by Chris. He kept saying sorry, but i wasn't buying it this time. And he dropped me back home without a word. 

Well i felt kinda bad at not accepting his apology, but come on. He was at fault. So iam not the only bad guy here...I guess. But whatever, I still got his 'Good Morning' message. But i dint reply. Not easy to convince now, am i??

I about to set my breakfast when i was suddenly greeted by my mom's presence. Well i did wake up early today, so i got to see her. Or else she just leaves for work, leaving me a note.

"Oh wow! What a surprise sweetie! You are not asleep right now." My mom said sarcastically, with a teasing look.

"Well yay mom!! Now you wont have to leave a note for me today." I added with equal sarcasm but a bored expression. Well it did kinda suck, not seeing my mom the entire day. And lucky enough to meet her at night, cuz she will be too busy at the office to even come back home.

My mom's expression quickly softened at my comment. She came near me and gave me a tight hug.

"Iam so sorry honey. You know i would do anything to spend time with you, but the office-"

"...keeps you busy. I know mom. I know how hard you work to keep us living. And iam sorry that i cant be any help for you. So the least i can do is not complain." I said, feeling really guilty.

"Hey, don't be like this. Don't be sorry. I know you would have helped me with the bills and all if it was not your health issue. So its OK. And wont it be a shame if i let my grandchild's mother through so much stress?? S/he will be very angry on its grand mom. And i definitely don't want that." She chuckled, which brought a smile to my face.

I served her some breakfast thinking she will be late for her work.

"Hey Brianna!" She called out. I 'hmm...' in reply.

"You never told me what happened at the meet up with your dad..." Mom said, measuring her words as she spoke.

Yeah...I forgot to tell her. Well you cant blame me. I dint meet her from the last few days. So that kinda explained it.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that. I will tell you once you come back. You must be getting late for your office."

"Oh no. Its OK dear. Iam filling in late today. We have enough time." She said with a smile.

So i started narrating the entire event. I dint miss a single detail. Mom was paying complete attention to my each and every word. Her eyes teared up a little. It took me a good while to say her the whole story but it finally came to an end...

"And then, Chris made me realize that i never gave him a chance to speak. I was so stupid mom. I just screamed my guts out and dint even try to hear him out. I feel really bad." I said, looking at the ground.

"Ohh sweetie. Its OK. Don't blame yourself. Its not your fault. It was meant happen. All the emotions are meant to come out one way or another. And iam sure that James will understand it. So don't beat yourself about it." My mom came beside me and kissed my head as a gesture of comfort.