#48

Added a new P.O.V this time. Thought of experimenting a little. Getting something new on the table. Hope you all like it... =)

******************************************************************

James's P.O.V

*A few hours earlier*

Today's morning was a bit duller than usual. quite duller than the usual actually. The past few days have been very stressful for everyone. 

When I left Jenny and our baby, I expected them to live a long and peaceful life, safely. But this is the exact opposite of safe. And I cant believe I am the reason behind it.

I am supposed to meet up with Jenny today. She said she wanted to discuss something about Brianna's baby shower. She wanted to do it earlier but so much was happening that she completely forgot about it. So she wanted to do it now.
As much as I want to surprise my daughter with a baby shower, the only thing I can think about is her safety. 

Whatever Eric said that day really felt like a hard slap across my face.
I thought that I had made their lives better by leaving ...but now. The situation seems exactly same like it was before I left 18-20 years back.

I can't let Bri and her baby go through this because of my mistake. I just can't. They don't deserve any of this. They are supposed to live their life happily with the people they love.
Not going to lie, I was hoping maybe one day I could be one of them.
But now that just seems like a unfulfilling dream. 

I wish things weren't the way they are. I wish that I could turn back time and fix them. Make the situation better. But that is just not possible. 

I know I can't change the past, but i can change the future by taking control of the present.

The only way I can get Brianna and her baby out of this is if i offer myself instead of them. This has to be it. The alternative has to be me. That's a fair deal right?

I had my mind set. I am going to talk to the West Lords into taking me in. Do whatever they want with me, not my family. Now I don't expect a warm welcome, but what's the worst they can do? Kill me? Well, I will be surprised if they didn't. Whatever the outcome may be. I have got to do it. This is my only chance to make things right again. And I am going to take it. No matter what.

As much as I want to talk to Jenny right now, i can't. Because I know she will convince me to stay back. And I can't let that happen. I can't let her change my mind. I need to do this for my family, for myself. 

___________________________

*Current time*

With everything set in my mind, I leave my apartment. I still remember the gang's old location. I hope it's still their spot. Or else i will have to dig around to find their new location. And I don't think I have the time for that.

I reach the hideout and by the looks of it, it seems like there are still people inside. Which is good news.

I was behind an old school which was abandoned because a wild fire that occurred one night. The reason of the fire was unknown, but people were glad that it was during the night when the school was totally empty. And because no one was hurt, the police didn't feel the need to investigate any further. I still think it was the West Lords who put up the fire so that they could make it their hideout spot. But that's just a guess.

I made my way to the gate when I heard someone loading a gun behind me...

"Don't move or else I will shoot..." The voice sounded familiar, but I was not able to put a face to it.