#20

Brianna's P.O.V

I woke up with a huge grin on my face today. Well i had a good reason for that. TODAY I WAS GOING ON A DATE WITH CHRIS. Oh my god. I still can't get over with the fact that he taking me out. I just can't believe it. Wow. I was so excited. After the Eric thing, i couldn't even think about going on a date. Cuz first, i was still scared about trusting anyone, second, no one would ask a girl on a date, who is pregnant with some one else's baby. Except for Chris, of course. He was just something else. Different from all. Unique. But....What if it's just a 'friendly' sort of a date and not the 'Romantic' kind?? A date is meant to be romantic...there is nothing called as 'a friendly date', as it is called a 'hangout'...you stupid. Yeah...true that...but what if??

My argument with myself was interrupted by a message on my phone...

"" Hey there sunshine...How are you??
    I just wanted to say...that for our date tonight, wear something casual...I mean not that 'casual'               casual...but not super fancy either...just like something in the middle of the two...like something             comfortable...you get it??
    OK...lets make it simple...just be 'you'. =)
    Pick you up at 7...see you. Bye.""

Wow again. He called me sunshine, well thats a first. I wonder what made him call me sunshine. I mean, it is morning right now...but whatever.

Now what does casual...but not so casual and fancy...but not so fancy mean??? But he said to be you...But what is being 'me'??? Ugh...I need help, and i know just the person who can help me. Yup, you guessed it...Mimi.

"WOW...what does that mean???" Mimi looked at the text very confusingly. Well i had already filled her in with yesterday's details. She was also shocked on knowing that i shared my past story with Chris. And she was convincing me on how i did the right thing and it's about time to trust to someone now. And let's not forget the squealing and awing that i had to hear when she got to know about the date. She straightaway started teasing me with childish remarks and stuff. Soo mature.

"I dunno, thats why i called you over." I said slumping on my bed, as Mimi examined the text.

"Hmm...I have no idea."

"Hey...You have been on twice as many as dates compared to me. You are supposed to know all this stuff. Now tell me what I should wear." I said, annoyingly.

"Well i have been on more dates alright. But that doesn't mean i can solve all sorts of 'date mysteries'. His message is not helping in this at all, please tell him to be more specific next time. The least he could have done, was giving out the venue, but nope. He likes keeping secrets. Idiot head." Mimi answered equally annoyed.

"First of all, we dunno if there is going to be a next one, cuz i might mess it up and end everything. Next, he is not an idiot head. He is probably as confused as i am right now." I replied in his defense.

"Yeah...Maybe Chris is also just like you. Not very experienced in the dating thing. Well that is a good thing i guess. But whatever. Its 5 pm right now. We have 2 hours to change you from a 'Plain Jane look' to a 'Hot and Sexy look'. So let's go..." She said excitedly. Now picking a dress in not hard particularly, but having a bulge makes it hard. We have to be extra careful on choosing the dress items. We have to keep few things in mind. Like comfy level, fitting, modesty level, emphasis point etc.

Well after 30 minutes of Mimi destroying my closet, we finally picked an outfit. It was causal but at the same time, had a little something something going on. We decided on an off white lacy halter top which was flowy and a black skinny jeggings. Well jeggings because they were easier compared to normal denim. We paired it with some black lacy flats that Mimi gifted me on Christmas last year. I went for some pearl studs and a pearl bracelet. I did my normal makeup which was a foundation, liner and lip gloss, but today Mimi forced me to put on a light colored lipstick, well i dint mind. And finally she curled my hair and tied a simple ponytail. All in all, i looked pretty good as compared to my normal day to day attire. It was casual yet elegant. Not over the top. And it also dint focus on my bulge. I mean iam proud of being a mom and all, but i don't like to emphasize it too much you know.